Friday, December 14, 2007

Memories... from the corner of my hard-drive....



Looking back at pictures from awhile ago, I realize how much has changed in a few short years. How much I'VE changed.



Maybe not so much in appearance, but in so many different areas. Jobs, home life, relationships, the people around me... they have all changed and fluctuated a lot.



As a chick who's big into nostalgia, I have a lot of things saved and documented so I can always look back and see where I've been, what I've done, and how I used to feel. It can be a really sad thing when you realize that you aren't as happy as you thought you'd be. Or when you see that the things you loved are gone.



The thing about pictures specifically is that they only show the good times. You never take a picture of a fight. Or heartbreak. Or when everything is going wrong. Pictures are false that way - we play happy for the camera, in hopes that we won't be reminded of the bad times when we look back.



In that respect, I'm lucky. The happy faces in the majority of the pictures I have are real. And I'm glad to see a few main people alongside me in those happy pictures. People that have been with me through the breakups, the worst bouts of depression, insecurities, and other bullshit.



So yeah, key people leave you... insignificant people come and go... but the important people are always there. The past few years may have included a lot of pain and confusion, but they also included great times with my best friends. And looking at these pictures, I see that I may not be exactly where I want to be in life... but I'm farther than I've been in the past. I can deal with that.



We've come a long way, baby.....

.

2 comments:

DT said...

Hotness never faded, eh goetzy?
Look at you. Really.

Kris said...

Uhhh... thanks! I'm guessin'I know you... ?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...