Monday, December 3, 2007

Waxing Poetic

I used to write a lot of poetry.

Some were actually in the form of song lyrics; others were just straight poems that became a type of therapy for me.

I've had some published, though they weren't my best. Not that it matters.

So now, what happens when I sit down with pen in hand ready to attack my notebook with couplets or prose?

Nothing.

Goddamn nothing.

I. can't. write. at. all.

Since I have also not been working on my "novel", does this mean that all I can write is what constitutes as my work? Business profiles, magazine articles, and PR for rock bands?

I'd really like to know where the passion went. I miss the days where my hand could fly across a page without waiting for my mind to catch up.... I used to take pride in my work.

Now I take money for it.

I'd like to be reminded of why I wanted to become a writer in the first place.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...