Thursday, February 28, 2008
One hundred and eight kilometres,
One late-night disagreement,
Infinite innuendos and flat-out descriptions,
One dead battery,
A few phone calls a day,
A million e-mails,
One killer couple,
. . . and today the drought ends. Off to Toronto I go, to see the boy.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
As much as I like to say that I live my life without regrets because they're pointless, it's a total lie.
Lately I've realized just how many I have.
I regret giving up on school when I was 19, and never going back other than getting my Writing Cert.
I regret all the time I sat around idly instead of working on the stories that could've gotten me somewhere by now.
I regret not having the balls to stand up to the people who fucked around with me when I was younger.
I regret the majority of Summer '06.
I regret being led by my heart and not my head at times.
I regret not realizing the potential I had when I had it.
I regret the four Fat Girl Platters I split with the twins last week. I am weak.
I regret writing this post, cuz it's pretty goddamn boring.
I DON'T regret picking myself up again after all my failures.
Here's hoping I can do it again this time.
So I did.
Purolator Guy shows up just before ten, and when I open to the door for him I am immediately brought back to 2003.
When I was a receptionist at a legal office, this was MY Purolator Guy. From the first time he came to my work, he took one look at me and said "YOU are a fucking rock chick. We are gonna have fun."
Every day he came in and regaled me with his rock tales, including his drunken times with Sebastian Bach. (He even sang like him, and decided to demonstrate one day before getting kicked out by my boss.)
While he was fun to shoot the shit with, he was a bit creepy. I was 19-20 at the time, and he would ask me out and allude to some pretty nasty stuff. That would've been ok if he wasn't living with a chick, and eons older than me. (Note: 11 years is not eons.)
The sad part is, its 5 years later and he hasn't changed in the slightest. He also didn't seem to recognize me, but I guess I look marginally different in sweatpants and messy hair than in my old office attire.
I decided not to mention that we knew each other. I wonder if he was mad that I never called him.
Monday, February 25, 2008
When I was little, this video freaked the shit outta me.
But I still watched it like crazy.
Regardless of the title, I don't recommend playing this for your little ones before bedtime.
Great song. Robert Smith is genius, in my opinion.
The Cure - Lullaby
Saturday, February 23, 2008
I found it in my files. Odd that I have no recollection of writing it, or when. It is quite possible that I was drunk. Probable, even.
Feelings are deeper than even self-admitted
Like a plague, he takes over
Or a pest that fails to die.
But beyond him
There is still me.
Like well-timed footsteps in the sand
One always treads before the other.
The other has no choice but to follow.
While every waking thought is of him
And sleeplessness his doing;
It is I
That is the thinker
And the wakeful
Oh, Kristen.... silly little girl.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
This is my PSA to anyone who is a dumbass like me, and may one day possibly allow their wallet to be lost or stolen at a bar.
Take these steps to prevent such a thing from occuring, or to make the experience less of a pain in the ass should it happen:
- Leave your cards at home. Bring ID, maybe a bank card. You probably won't need your birth certificate or S.I.N. card to get beer. Honestly. I wouldn't lie about obtaining beer.
- Fanny packs are gonna be in fashion real soon. No one loses anything in a fanny pack. Do yourself a favour, and get a bright green one. Maybe wear a pair of those biker shorts with the neon stripe for effect. Don't forget the Vuarnet shirt. It's a must.
- Girls, keep everything in your bra. Forget the wallet. This does not apply if your bra will likely end up on the floor of a random stranger's house. Good girls only.
- Don't be an idiot like me and cram your whole life into a mid-sized bag. Do the math, it just won't fit. Something's gotta give, and in my case it was the wallet.
So take my advice, people. Only YOU can prevent forest fires.
Er... wallet loss.
Friday, February 15, 2008
I suppose that could be taken as a good sign, or a bad one.
All it really means is that I haven't been complaining - at least not to the public.
Today is the aftermath of Valentine's Day, the day where everyone either hates the world cuz they're single and moans about crass commercialism, or they go insane because they have someone and expect this holiday to be the best, most romantic day of their life - yearly.
I think it's a day to be with the one you love. A simple day to just be happy, no matter what else is going on. That was achieved in spades. The man knows how to make me smile.
And what better way to spend the After-Valentines day than being spattered by blood while watching operatic zombies?
I can't think of one.
Evil Dead: The Musical should prove to be very romantic for me and the boyfriend. Nuthin' says lovin' like the brain-craving deceased.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Saturday, February 9, 2008
Friday, February 8, 2008
This song takes me back...
I almost posted 'Nutshell', but decided it was much too depressing.
Alice In Chains - Would
(Somehow the video disappeared... so screw it, there's the link.)
We don't get along very well, but I'm willing to change that if you are. In a lotta ways, you're kinda cool. It pains me to admit it, but you can actually be pretty intelligent when it suits you.
I just have to wonder why you go crazy all the time. Ignorance is bliss as far as I can tell, so why do you feel the need to know everything? The more you know about the people around me, the harder it gets to be secure.
So, I'll call a truce if you just back off. Let me be stupid, oblivious, and happy.
Sort your shit out, dammit.
Thursday, February 7, 2008
She likes beer. A lot.
She is craving new band t-shirts but not allowing it. Yet.
She desperately wants winter to die.
She will never be good enough.
She lives life based on "what ifs" and "why nots".
She reads a lot of crappy books, but still loves the classics.
She wants a hug.
She thinks everyone is laughing at her.
She loves a good bottom lip.
She puts a great deal of stock into good friendships.
She doesn't take compliments well cuz she thinks it's a joke.
She is the queen of stupid references and random lyrics.
She wants to run naked into a snowdrift, just cuz.
She should have been a ninja. Or chimney sweep.
She thinks you should like her.
She loves her man a lot, even with all her doubts.
She is far away.
She is trying her best.
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Short-term, long-term, doesn't matter.
I plan to:
- Get my guitar re-strung and actually learn how to correctly play it. I think that would be the best way for me to relax during my Stressy McBitchALot moments.
- Finally finish of one of the many stupid unfinished novels I have. Even if it's horrible, I NEED to write it.
- Try to be less insecure, and stop allowing certain people to make me feel insecure. On that note, I should probably get rid of said people.
- Stop putting all my eggs in one basket. Nothing and no one is a "sure" thing. I should remind myself of this daily.
- Travel extensively with someone I love to be around. That's a long list of locations, and a very short list of people.
- Do what makes me happy, and stop worrying about keeping others happy. Yeah, that's right. Selfish people are content and don't give a shit if anyone else is. It might work.
- Learn more Spanish!
- Figure out what I want, who I want, and where I wanna be. Once I know that, everything else is just details.
- Kick my Big Mac addiction, cuz frankly it just can't be good.
- Meet every single one of my musical idols.
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
With all the garbage that is being mass-produced and overplayed today, it is so easy to overlook the truly great artists and musicians that have genuine talent.
I suppose saying that an album "influenced your life" doesn't necessarily mean it's your favourite, or even that it's any good.