Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Blast From The Courier Past

My Dad has a computer business, and today he asked me to wait for his order so he could go to an appointment.

So I did.

Purolator Guy shows up just before ten, and when I open to the door for him I am immediately brought back to 2003.

When I was a receptionist at a legal office, this was MY Purolator Guy. From the first time he came to my work, he took one look at me and said "YOU are a fucking rock chick. We are gonna have fun."

Every day he came in and regaled me with his rock tales, including his drunken times with Sebastian Bach. (He even sang like him, and decided to demonstrate one day before getting kicked out by my boss.)

While he was fun to shoot the shit with, he was a bit creepy. I was 19-20 at the time, and he would ask me out and allude to some pretty nasty stuff. That would've been ok if he wasn't living with a chick, and eons older than me. (Note: 11 years is not eons.)

The sad part is, its 5 years later and he hasn't changed in the slightest. He also didn't seem to recognize me, but I guess I look marginally different in sweatpants and messy hair than in my old office attire.

I decided not to mention that we knew each other. I wonder if he was mad that I never called him.

Oh well.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did ya sleep with him?

Anonymous said...

(kidding)

Kris10 said...

Nope, I did not.

He was kinda hot in a skidly dirty way, but like I said... creepy.

Claire Cameron said...

This story made my day.

blepharisma said...

You gotta tell me this guy's name (if you remember). For all I know, he's someone I knew in high school, hahaha.

blepharisma said...

PS - I just realized you have a blog, and am reading the whole thing like some kind of magnum opus.

Kris10 said...

I think he's older than you. No actually, I KNOW he's older than you. You wouldn't hae known him in high school.

And yes. Apparently, I have a blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...