Monday, April 28, 2008

If You Just Let Me In, I Wouldn't Let You Break Down. Cuz I'm Breakin' Down.

I remember hearing, years ago, that most advice columnists end up with crazy personal problems because they can only give out advice to others - not to themselves.

Turns out it's true. Take my column away from me, I can't even tell myself what to do.

I am a fraud.

I guess it's so much easier to be objective when it's someone else who needs the help. Personal problems are just that - personal. Too personal, probably. You just can't step back and look at it the right way because your thoughts and feelings are far too involved.

So here I am, writing on my damn blog because I can't deal. I'm torn up and terrified. And I can't even seem to figure out what I'm supposed to do about it. How do you change what you hate, and how do you live with feeling like things are hidden from you?

Holy annoying post, Batman.

Where the shit is my Dear Abby? I think we need a chat.

3 comments:

Craig said...

Sometimes the people you should ask are right in front of you. You just have to trust asking them, and trust they will tell you the truth.

“God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”

Ya I know, cliche bullshit right????

Maybe. Maybe not. I don't really believe in God, but I do believe that there are fundamental truths that come from time tested cliche.

We don't often get the chance to experieince life with someone we love. Too often people miss the boat on the chance due to an unwillingness to accept certain things. I'm not sure I am giving you advice, I'm just pointing this out to help ya out.

Kris10 said...

I know you're right, but it's easier said than done. You know how I complicate things in my brain. Can't be helped.

That is the first time you've ever commented with your actual name. Guess that means it's serious.

The Salamander that Danced the Disco said...

Couldn't think of anything else.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...