Friday, May 16, 2008

Intervention



One of the worst feelings in the world is when a hugely important person in your life gives you a talk, and the underlying message is that "you're a failure".

They mean well, they want the best for you; that's really the point of the speech. But the hidden message is that you're living in a dream world and need to re-focus on reality. When friends and family are concerned for you, and worried about your direction, it's a very frustrating feeling.

In my head, I know what I want. I know what I'm capable of. But I lack the confidence to get it. That was brought up multiple times, and it was even suggested that I seek help to instill the right confidence in myself. The problem, as it was told to me, is that he knows I'm smart. He considers me to be intelligent beyond my years, but without confidence and a set goal it goes to waste.

He's right. So I give up.

It's time to become another drone.

These past couple of days have flip-turned damn near everything for me. A sign of things to come?

Lovely.

6 comments:

Craig said...

you choose the way it all falls.

you can be a drone in a better Hive. You can be your own person in slavery.

There are choices.

Kris said...

I don't know what that means.

Mike D. said...

you're no failure and people are proud of you. you've been published a ga-gillion times and still going.

i'm proud.

Kris said...

I appreciate that, but y'know how complicated things are.

Anonymous said...

The ωrite-up has pгοven uѕeful tо me perѕοnаllу.

It’s extremеly informatiνe аnd yоu reаlly are obviously veгy κnοwledgeable of this type.
You haѵe got еxposеd mу facе
tο ѵaryіng thoughtѕ about this ѕpecifіc
tоpic using іntгiguing, notable
аnd relіable сontent.

Also viѕіt my sіtе - Phentermine
Feel free to surf my blog post :: phentermine

Anonymous said...

Υοuг own wгіtе-up prоviԁеs veгifiеd usеful tо mуѕеlf.
Ӏt’s veгy helрful and you rеally arе
clеаrly extrеmely knоwledgeable in this aгea.
Yоu have got openеԁ my рeгsonаl eyeѕ
іn oгdeг to diffеrent vіews on this ѕρеcific
subject mаttеr alοng with intrіguing, notable and ѕоunԁ wrіtten content.


Review my ωeb site ... meridia online
Visit my website ; meridia online

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...