Monday, June 9, 2008

Summertime Blah

Guess Who + Samuel L = Fun times.

So, it's hot out. Real hot.

Weather like this makes me weird. Summer is my favourite time of year, but when I'm at home during a really hot day I get into a strange mood. I get a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, and start to feel nervous and insecure.

It's hard to explain.

I've always been like this. It's because the beginning of warm weather reminds me of bad times from when I was little and as I grew older. Memories that stay with you until they're hazy and sneak attack your whole body when you're ill prepared for it.

I want this feeling gone. I want to enjoy my favourite time without wanting to curl up in a ball.

But instead of curling up in a ball, I'm gonna drive to Toronto yet again... and that will hopefully shake this feeling away.

Hopefully.

4 comments:

blepharisma said...

YAY! Guess Who!!

Krista said...

I get that unexplainable feeling too, repressed memories? It's never good to sit around inside in the heat either.

have fun in toronto :)

Kris said...

Thanks, Krista. I'm stayin outta the heat, and feeling better.

screetus said...

Be sure to visit Spadina Avenue -- it smells wonderful this time of year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...