Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Scene and Heard


For those who don't know, every year in St. Catharines they hold the SCENE Music Festival.

Pretty much every bar in the downtown core participates, and bands from all over Canada come and perform.

It adds up to 13 hours of live music and craploads of people.

So, of course, I went.

Big surprise..

I was the Sober Sally, driving my drunkies home.

They also have booths set up at Market Square, which holds band merch and other music-affiliated businesses who set up shop.

My friends clothing company, Pause Designs, had a booth. I used their sticker logo on my ass to drum up further business. People asked me about it, so I assume it worked.

Del Asher's set - I tried to get a good picture of Julian's awesome dreads. Didn't work out great.

I don't have many band pics, cuz it was just too difficult.

My little drunk. Camera's over here, pumpkin.

Great show by Erik Von Erick. Got me dancing when, at the end of the night, all I wanted was my bed.
When stages are empty, I WILL prance on them.

Make no mistake.

And so will my chicks.

Aside from my bloody murderous migraine, it was a good time.

Except I think I'm getting too old. The emo kids are taking over what used to be mainly for rock chicks like myself.


Le sigh.

C'est la vie.

6 comments:

Hopper said...

I liked looking through your blog... nice pictures and commentary... hope you had a nice Canada Day... I'll drop back another time and see what you're up to...

Kris said...

Thanks, Hopper :) Hope you had a great Canada Day, too!

Anonymous said...

Gosh darn it! You're so damn pretty!
Looks like you had a blast! I went to the Warp tour last week. Saw a bunch of bands! Hey, check out Tat. She's one hell of a sexy performer and she plays very good rock guitar. Her band is English, from "London town." You can find her music on myspace.
"Going down to the roadhouse, gonna have real..........GOOD TIME!!!!!

;-)))))))

Kris said...

Thanks, anon!

I'll check her out for sure.

ghetto.punk.chic said...

Oh so drunk....I love SCENE, it's like Christmas :)

RasaMi said...

new...post...must...read...bored....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...