Friday, August 22, 2008

Another Year...

Happy Birthday....
To the man that I can sit with at a bonfire

for hours upon hours, talking about nothing in particular

yet enjoying every minute of it.

To the man who taught me how to play baseball

and took the time to coach so I could get past my fears.

To the man who has supported pretty much everything I've ever done,

no matter how stupid or impossible it seemed (and sometimes truly was) at the time.

And to the man who never...

EVER...

...opens his eyes in posed pictures.

Happy birthday, Dad!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Kristen's dad!

blepharisma said...

Doodles' birthday...

Don't forget how he used to stand outside at night, in the freezing cold, watering the lawn, so we could have a skating rink in our backyard!!

Kris said...

Well, sure. But I wasn't born yet. And can't skate.

So that applied to you alone, chick. And Erik, I assume.

Sj said...

looks like trouble to me!

Kris said...

Sure is trouble. But hey, at least he permits you to date me.

You lucky, lucky man. :p

Wil said...

Now that is a very nice tribute. You only get one Dad, looks like you got a good one.

The Trailer Of Love

blepharisma said...

What do you mean you weren't born yet?? I was definitely older than 5 when we had the ice rink.

You were definitely alive, but probably widdo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...