Friday, August 8, 2008

Watching You Watching Me

My desk and computer is nestled into a bay window area, facing outside. Which, of course, means one thing - people watching.

It's pretty easy to be distracted, especially with the varied personalities that come ambling past me.

The other day I saw a familiar commercial actor, moving furniture. I assume he's moved in near me.

Yesterday an extreme case of road rage caused two drivers to stop and scream bloody murder at each other in the middle of the street. Got a bit ugly.

On a regular basis, someone stands outside the neighbour's place screaming nicknames I can't decipher and whistling loudly for an hour straight.

The best is hearing conversations that people have as they pass by me, not realizing they can be heard. Lovers quarrels, curious questions from children, people talking to themselves about how the world sucks - even a guy bragging to his friends about the different ways he cheated on his wife.

Classy.

One day I'll see something I'm not supposed to.

Remind me to close the blinds.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're watching others, who is watching you?

Kris said...

You don't even wanna know.

blepharisma said...

If you're Jimmy Stewart, does that make Craig Grace Kelly?

Kris said...

Yes. He has lovely breasts and gams that should be insured. (Oh man, I just said gams...)

Next question.

RasaMi said...

I love that...I used to do that in the subway...pretend to be listening to music and spy on people! it's the best...I never got the cheating husband, but some other juicy gossip of how some girl is such a whore...and how some dude is an asshole...or sometimes why some dude hates his job...

Kris said...

Yeah.. it's funny how people don't realize how loud they're being in public sometimes. Well some do, but others really believe they're keeping their conversation private.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...