Thursday, October 23, 2008

Canuck Rock

Last night we hit the Casby's at the Kool Haus with Rob and Shari.

The bands that played were: Die Mannequin, U.S.S., Tokyo Police Club, Neverending White Lights, City & Colour, Bedouin Soundclash, and Sloan.

It was a last-minute thing, and unfortunately I had no camera since my battery was dead.

So instead, here is a picture of me & Miss Mindy at a different show at the Kool Haus, complete with spilled beer on me - compliments of strangers.

Back to the topic at hand.

I've never had much interest in the Casby's, I'll be honest. But this year was apparently the best one yet, and I had a good time.

We hung out in the VIP backstage area afterward, and then to the hotel room of the members of the Neverending White Lights. Really nice guys. They didn't even kick me out after I repeated over and over that I was going to audition to be their new drummer. They embraced my stupidness.

And of course, I have no pictures of said hotel party.

Thanks to the magic of random friends on Facebook, I found a picture from the event sort of showing that I was there (behind the blonde guy in the black hat and his lovely lady - that's Rob and Shari- there's Craig and I) . It was during Sloan's set, which was particularly interesting because lead singer, Chris Murphy, is on Craig's hockey team and Craig had never seen them play before.

An interesting way to spend the anniversary of our first date.

Band dudes, beers, and swanky hotel rooms.

5 comments:

screetus said...

I got drunk at Kool Haus once. I think it was some sort of company party.

Kris said...

I think it's imperative that most people get drunk at Kool Haus. I've done research.

Mike D. said...

Too cool.

Dave Q. said...

I think this should be the prototype to try to emulate for every anniversary date. :)

Kris said...

Ha, it just might be!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...