Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Just Call Me Webster


Growing up, I was always commended on my ability to be articulate and well-spoken.

Plus I'm a word chick, so conversations are no problem, right?

Right. Usually.

But sometimes outta nowhere, especially if I'm feeling slightly uncomfortable or as though I don't belong somewhere, I will spew out non-existent words like a fool.

A couple of days ago, I was talking to an acquaintance. I can't even really remember what we were talking about, just shootin' the shit, and he made a comment that had something to do with a hockey team or person doing the same thing as another.

Now this person does not make me nervous. Not even uncomfortable.

But for some reason, my answer to him got jumbled up in my brain and my reply was,

"Yeah...uh.... Fob."

Fob?

What is a fob?

Your guess is as good as mine.

Luckily I mumbled it quietly enough that he had no idea.

Sigh.

No one should let me out of the asylum, no matter what WHAT I bribe ya.

*edit* I lied, the word was actually fop. Oops.

4 comments:

Doc said...

"fob" can be a couple of things. I know that for some companies/business a fob a little gadget that attaches to your key chain that helps you unlock and deactivate a door lock once you swipe the "fob" by the sensor.

Also, "fob" is short for "Fall Out Boy" too. So if he's with the lingo he might under the impression based on that conversation that your a fan of Pete Wentz & company. ;)

See, nothing to be embarrassed about. :D

Kris said...

Ooh, I used a Fob at my old job then. But we called it osmething else... Good one, Doc!

And I'm not a fan of Fall Out Boy, so I probably wouldn't be referring to them by short-forms. But you're right!

Chomps said...

Look up F.O.B on www.urbandictionary.com. I think it also means something bordering on offensive.

WAYTA GO KRIS. :)

Kris said...

Uh-oh. I remember what that means.

Well, the word I actually said was FOP anyways. So I'm safe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...