Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Stumbled Upon

I found this while randomly stumbling about the interweb.

It's good for a larf.


An educator friend of mine forwarded me this gem via email.


How would you pronounce this student’s name: “Le-a”?

Leah? NO
Lee - A? NOPE
Lay - a? NO WAY
Lei? Guess Again.

It’s pronounced “Ledasha.” Oh, yes, you read it right. This child attends a school in Livingston Parish, LA. Her mother is irate because everyone is getting her name wrong. If you see something come across your desk like this, please remember to pronounce it correctly.

When the mother was asked about the pronunciation of the name, she said, “The dash don’t be silent.”

5 comments:

Chomps said...

so here was my reaction to this:

"MAAAAHAAHAAHAAaaaaa....OOOOhhh my gooooood."

Didn't want you to think this went unappreciated.

Kris said...

Heh.

Thanks, m'lady. It's good to feel appreciated.

Mike D. said...

Is it actually real?

Kris said...

The site made it seem like it was, but who can be sure?

ghetto.punk.chic said...

Well shit. I have been saying my own name wrong for all of these years. How come nobody told me the dash wasn't silent?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...