Friday, October 17, 2008

Take A Look, It's In A Book

Yikes.

I randomly came across my old LiveJournal account, and it's pretty funny - to me, anyways.

I wasn't much of a poster. Here's my LJ post from December 2004 dedicated to a childhood hero of mine.

Dear Levar Burton,

I love you, and I enjoy your Reading Rainbow. I also enjoyed you as Jordy LaForge because you wore a fun eye-thing. I'm partial to fun eye-things, and I'm sad that I don't own one. Recently I found out that you were a part of the 80's group Cameo, and you sang "Word Up". I find that interesting. You are a man of many colours, much like your rainbow of reading. I will never forget when you went to a noodle-making place and learned how to make tortellini. Oh, how the bending of pasta around bits of cheese caught my interest. And made me hungry. I'll never forget that tortellini episode. I don't remember the stories very well... but the pasta shall never be forgotten.

Your bestest friend,

Me

p.s.- Where are you now? I hope you're making royalties off of Korn's re-make of your song. Buy some tortellini with it.


I failed to mention that he also played Kunta Kinte in the movie/mini-series Roots, but whatever.

I still dig ya, LVB.

Word up.

11 comments:

Krista said...

My favourite Reading Rainbow episode is when he did the tour of Star Trek and explained his visor was just a regular head band!

Kris said...

I think I remember that one!

Ah, what a great show...

PatZ said...

what about the wax figure one where they made a duplicate of him?

Kris said...

Hmm... I now realize that bloggers are trekkies.

Awesome.

PatZ said...

"Mr. LaForge, could you try realigning the anit-matter phase inverters to cause a NEGATIVE dachyon positron beam?"

Kris said...

I'm quite impressed, sir.

Live long and prosper.

Mike D. said...

I love that you're still funny Kris. Wait no, this was 2004? Oh. Are you still funny? I vaguely remember you from that time we were good friends.

Kris said...

Stop your whining.

And yes. I'm hilarious. You're lucky to have ever been in my presence. Bow.

Anonymous said...

What's up friends, its wonderful paragraph concerning educationand entirely defined, keep it up all the time.

my web page :: Spazio-kovan

Anonymous said...

WOW just what I was looking for. Came here by searching for 16

my site; increase twitter followers

Anonymous said...

Hi outstanding blog! Does running a blog like this take a large amount of work?
I have absolutely no knowledge of programming however I had been hoping to start my own blog in the near future.

Anyhow, should you have any ideas or tips for new blog owners please share.

I know this is off topic but I just wanted to ask. Kudos!


Feel free to visit my web-site ... mahsex.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...