Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I Want My Nickel Back, Harper.

Last night, me and the boy met up with Jeff at the Rhino so they could watch the Leafs game and election coverage simultaneously.

Of course, one of the topics of conversation was politics and eventually the recent Canadian election came up.

Amongst some serious points, Jeff said one thing that made me laugh, even though it's essentially the truth.

Are you ready? Here it is.

Stephen Harper is the Nickelback of politics.*

Got it?

Think about it.

No one likes (or admits to liking) either of them. No one wants to HEAR either of them. Most people would be happiest if both would disappear.

And yet...

Stephen Harper is running our country, and Nickelback still gets chart-topping album sales.

What's wrong with us, Canada?



* the aforementioned comment /revelation is the property of Jeff Marek and copyrighted by same. Any unauthorized use of said comment will result in imprisonment, death, or beatings involving rubber chickens and laptop computer bags filled with broken lightbulbs and old coffee shop cutlery.

7 comments:

AnaBanana said...

I've lurked your blog for awhile, but I needed to comment today. IT'S SO FUCKING TRUE! I hate them both.

Kris said...

Hey Ana.

Thanks for lurkin'.

Born with a big mouth! said...

too funny!!

so don't be mad, but i tagged you on my page. Go see

http://erinscircle.blogspot.com/

you don't havwe to do it, but if you do let me know .... (I read your blog every day anyway!0

Anonymous said...

"beatings involving rubber chickens and laptop computer bags filled with broken lightbulbs and old coffee shop cutlery."

That right there is why I read this blog. Your brain.

Kris said...

Parce que my brain is crazy? I see.

phx said...

So true. So sad. And so true. Sigh.

Kris said...

Tell me bout it :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...