Saturday, November 8, 2008

Split Personalities



Ventured back to St. Catharines for the night on Wednesday, and left the boy and the dog at home.

Got to see the friends I miss and go out to my old Wednesday night haunt.



It's a bit strange to go back sometimes.

I'm so happy to see everyone. It's always a good time.

But it's hard not to notice the things that have changed, and those that haven't at all.



The streets change. Construction everywhere. New stores go up. Old stores came down. The city itself doesn't feel like it used to.

But my times with my friends have not changed a bit. It's often like I never left, other than people acting happier to see me than usual.

So for 24 hours, I really was living my old life.



When I went to bed that night, I sat in my old bed in my old bedroom in my parents' house and thought about my life in Toronto.

I thought about my dog running around at the dog park.

My boyfriend coming home from work, tired and full of stories.

Sitting at the arena, watching the Parkdale Hockey Lads give it their best.

Walking down Queen West to meet everyone at the Rhino.



While in St. Catharines, thinking of those things seemed so far away. Like they weren't me.

Yet when I'm here, in Toronto, my old St. Catharines routine seems like a memory.

So strange to have two lives.

But maybe it means I'm lucky.

9 comments:

Chomps said...

Is that Ken? He stayed at my place in September. They were scattered about our parquet!

Chomps said...

and by they i meant his crew.

Kris said...

Yes it is! Ken's mah boy... well, by 'boy', I mean good friend.

How do you know Mr. Dubois?

Ana Banana said...

I lived in St. Catherines for a couple of years when I was younger. I met some great people, but my job sucked so I moved away again.

Kris said...

Yeah, that's pretty common there. It's quite a bar city.

Born with a big mouth! said...

it is so nice to reflect on where you came from. Sometimes it is sad ... but but it makes you thankful for where you are now!

sambone said...

Puh- lease dont tell me that foggy pic while driving was taken by YOU! while you were driving!

it was scary enough that night my lady.

and why is adam being all shy in that one pic? hmm

Kris said...

Oh, it most certainly WAS a pic I took while driving. It's not the worst one either.

Kris said...

ps - it was taken on my way to Toronto, not driving home from the bar. Same shit-tastic fogginess, though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...