Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Untrusting, Unknowing, Unlove... ed?

Important definitions:

trust - assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something; one in which confidence is placed; a charge or duty imposed in faith or confidence or as a condition of some relationship

contented -
feeling or showing satisfaction with one's possessions, status, or situation

Ok.

Sounds simple enough.

So why are they both seemingly impossible for me, especially the first? I suppose you can't have one without having the other.

Therein lies my problem.

I used to be the kinda person who would automatically trust someone and if they betrayed it, then it was gone. The number of people who screwed it up is infinite. And so, now ya gotta earn it.

Very few people have. VERY few.

To those of you reading this that are close to me and know they lack my trust, I'm sorry. But you've given me good reason to think twice.

I stand by the tried and true earning process.

Ah, shit...

Well, when you put it that way....

7 comments:

Melinda said...

woman, woah man
did someone steal your cat?

Kris said...

Yep.

My heart AND my cat.

Ana Banana said...

Girl, I have this problem with my boyfriend. Its not a happy thing for us what-so-ever. I love him but he is not easy to trust. You know what I mean?

Kris said...

Suuuuure do!

Born with a big mouth! said...

I used to trust no matter what. even after someone lied I always thought there had to be a GOOD reason and I forgave .... that was YEARS ago .... I miss that. I really wish I had never been burned .... cause you dont; ever get it back.

free candy - that would be nice :)

Kris said...

Once again, you and I are on the same page :)

ghost said...

anyone qouting from so i married an axe murderer is alright in my book.

also. i think ive seen that van in my neighborhood.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...