Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I See A Subway Car, I Want To Paint It Black.

Shambled Ramblings Christmas Hiatus Status: Officially over.

Back in Toronto, and started my new job today.

I need to admit something. We're all friends here, right? Except for that one guy. But no one likes that one guy.

I'm a bad Torontonian. A joke, even. Cuz I've never ridden the subway alone... until today.

I know, I know.

But now I have, so it's all jim dandy. And I think I'll like taking the subway to my far-far-away office everyday, because that's where all the fun people are!

(note: fun = "interesting")

There was a lady who sat directly across from me and stared intently at me the whole time, no doubt performing some kind of evil voodoo. I stared back at her questioningly, but she did not waver. Not once. Creepy. I'm now afraid for my soul.

As I waited for a different train, a man came up and told me I was pretty. I was polite, said thank you, etc. Then he asked me out. I said I had a boyfriend. But I don't think he believed me. He was nice, though, so I hope he finds another lady on the subway who will take him up on his offer.

Good luck to you, sir.

And the most interesting person on the subway tonight?

Mick Jagger.

Yup. Good ol' Mick.

Slumped in a corner seat trying to go unnoticed with his dirty clothes and messy hair. He may or may not have even been drinking whisky out of a paper bag. I desperately wanted to tell him how much Paint It Black changed my life. (It didn't really, I just like it lots... ok?) If I see him tomorrow, I'll tell him you all said hi.

No autographs, please.

8 comments:

Mike D. said...

Missed you! Love the post, you sound like the old k10 again.

Kris said...

Didn't realize I had sounded any different. K10, huh? Been awhile.

screetus said...

The nice thing about Toronto's subway is that so many stations have first names, like Chester and Lawrence and Leslie and Jane.

Kris said...

Very true. Probably because they become people's only friends when all they do is work and commute.

Anonymous said...

Has the voodoo come true yet?

Kris said...

I can't quite be sure, but it is entirely possible.

ghost said...

wait, im not that one guy am i?

Kris said...

'Course not. You're far too likeable.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...