Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Mail Blagh

Kris;

Hello. I'm Sam. I live in London, ON and have been reading your blog regularly for almost a year. I never comment because I am shy and feel like I'll say something stupid and irrelevant. I see that other people have felt that way too. Silly, I know.

I decided to write to you today because I've been noticing that your entries have been sad again. I know you get 'those days' as you've named them. But they don't usually last this long. (I apologize for seeming like a crazy fan. I notice patterns.) I suppose I'm just curious and a bit concerned since I've grown to enjoy reading your stories. Is everything going alright in your world?

Please don't feel that you must respond. I am quite aware that it is not my business. Sometimes people just need to to talk and don't realize it. I'm just a concerned reader and admirer who hopes you are okay.


Sam

Thanks for the email, Sam. Strangely enough, this was not the only one like it.

I don't get TOO much mail from readers, but lately I have been. It's funny how strangers can be worried about someone they feel like they know. I do appreciate that concern.

To be perfectly honest, I'm just dealing with a lot of stress. It's been difficult, but I don't want to get into too many specifics on my blog. Some things I will absolutely allude to, but I tend to leave more personal information out. The reason being that it does not solely affect me, and I don't think readers will get any joy from reading about it.

Anyways, as the famous line goes "this, too, shall pass". And it will.

I apologize for making my posts depressy and annoying. Sometimes that can't be helped. I'll do my best to make them a bit more upbeat and positive. But please don't be angry if at times they just aren't. I'm human. And more flawed than I should be.

Thanks again for the kind words.

And Sam? Comment, damn you! My posts are irrelevant enough that nothing you say will make them any more so. :)

6 comments:

ghost said...

i often wonder about the people i've met through my ghostspace. been dong this for nearly six years and my small readership is like a family now. we trade emails and phone calls, and for the most part, all know one another through our words. it's odd. but beautiful.

So@24 said...

It's always nice to get emails from blog lurkers that come out of the wood work. It makes you wonder how many people actually read your blog that you don't know about...

Sammy said...

see??? Sams all over care about ya! xoxox

Kris said...

ghost - I'm still fairly new to the game, but I know what you mean. It's a great way to get to know people, especially those who are located so far away that you never would have met them otherwise.

SO - Tell me about it. It's funny when I hear about people reading my blogs, and I never realized it. Especially people that I DO know, but wouldn't expect them to care.

Samaroo - Apparently so :) But you're my favourite Sammy ever!

Mike D. said...

Nice to know people care isn't it? I hope you feel better soon. I miss you, strange person.

Kris said...

You too, geekface. Perhaps one day you'll even meet my boyfriend. Imagine that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...