Friday, January 2, 2009

Kristen vs. 2008

Dear 2008,

You weren't my favourite year. You had some awesome ups, and some damn shitty downs.

A lotta things changed while you were reigning supreme. And for some of those things, I salute you.

And so, in your honour, I spent your exit evening the only way I knew how.

Gettin' crazy in a red dress.

Bob & Laura threw you a great shin-dig, 2008. Dinner party + theme + good ol' fashioned house party feel = uber success.

The theme was "One Night In Marrakech" or "Nuit Rouge".

I think you'd be proud.

The hosts and a few guests consisted of some of my favourite friends I've met this year.

...including the chimp with the lips, and my left-handed kindred spirit who I met only hours before your successor, 2009, took over.

My new owner for the year, as she bought me from Craig.

I did not mind.

John Bland made an appearance. You were good to him, 2008.

But bad to every girl you allowed him to go near.

Masuka sees good things in my future.

A shame he is not psychic.


You see, 2008? All for you.

I know we had our differences. I know there were death threats involved.

Sometimes I truly felt like you were against me in every way possible. I could be heard mumbling about "that dang summabitch year"when I thought no one was around.

But when I think back, I realize that you also brought about some of the best things in my life.

So thanks for that.

But still.... don't come back.

Love,

Kris

p.s.- Remember that time? With the stuff? Oh, and that thing! Yeah. Me too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The New Years dress still alive and well I see. And hot hot hot.

Kris said...

I did indeed recycle the NYE dress. So I've now only worn it twice, both on New Year's Eves. Tradition, I spose.

Mike D. said...

Marrakech?

Kris said...

I've seen it spelled like 10 different ways. Lee Mee Ah Lone.

:)

ghost said...

2008 was a rough son of a bitch.

Kris said...

Sure was.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...