Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Where Was I A Year Ago?

Yet another reflective day.

But really, so much has happened in 365 days... where was I, and what was I doing a year ago?

Starting a new and strange year. 2008 became a rollercoaster.

Asking questions, and searching for non-existent answers. Who, me? Never.

Getting to know what would eventually become my amazing little family.

Making new...
....and awesomely chimp-like friends.

Wearing cowboy hats in public because I was told to. (Trust, that's pretty monumental. You hear that, Craig?)

Deconstructing and quietly observing those around me, like the fly on the wall that I am.

Spending all the time I could with my wonderful friends, which also meant infiltrating The Mansion House (our watering hole) one day at a time.

I think we did well.

Going through the usual self-identity questions, without allowing the answers to surface.

... and falling in love with a sweetheart.

Where am I now?

At my computer. Wishing that the boy would get better, working on random writing jobs, and searching for a full-time gig.

And thinking that this might be a good day. If only I allow it.

9 comments:

ghost said...

allow it, my friend.

Kris said...

Oh, I am.

phx said...

we both did reflective posts on the same day. hope that full-time gig pops up soon, and your boy is feeling back to his old self even sooner. :)

Kris said...

Thanks!!
I can't see your blog anymore, cuz it's blocked. Add me to your reader list - kristengoetz@hotmail.com and I can learn from your reflective post :)

chimp said...

hey! I recognize that chimp.

why no bland-o, blond-o?

Kris said...

I didn't know Bland so well a year ago... I don't think it was until Spring that he really became known to me.

Friggin' Bland.

Mike D. said...

Glad you're happy, Kris. Tough but good year right?

Kris said...

Yeah.

And thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Crazy! I've always wondered what your ex looked like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...