Thursday, March 12, 2009

Tape-Worm

Earworm - is a term for a portion of a song or other musical material that repeats compulsively within one's mind, known colloquially as "music being stuck in one's head".

I talk about earworms a lot. Oddly enough, I've never blogged about them.

I notice that earworms are often songs that I don't like; this does not make for a happy chick. But there are times when a tune is stuck in my head simply because it's catchy, or even "interesting".

Two songs come to mind that both fall in the uhh... "interesting" category. Coincidentally or not, they both are known to me from different mixed cds that a teammate of C's gave him.

With you, I share some worms for yer ears.



Deerhoof - + 81 (Don't mind the video - I didn't want a live version)

Listen to this a few times, and tell me that you're not singing "Choo choo choo choo, beep beep" while trying to sleep tonight. You're welcome for that.



Serge Gainsbourg & Brigitte Bardot - Bonnie & Clyde

This one caused me to speak with a french accent for awhile, saying "Bonnie Parker" and "Clyde Barrow" over and over. Yes, I'm quite pleasant to be around. I learned a few words (cuz I listened in French class, dontchaknow) and now it's just stuck.

My earworm list is endless, and most songs are too annoying for me to mention.

What earworms have you got?

6 comments:

PatZ said...

the Discovery Channel song. because it's awesome. true story.

ghost said...

im a barbie girl by aqua. oh how i despise aqua for that travesty.

Kris said...

patz - the "boom de yada" one?

ghost - oh hell. i've erased that from my memory on purpose. the things that people allow to become popular... sad.

Mike D said...

I dont like those songs.

Shaz said...

I'm a little sad you don't have Furnaceface on here :(

Kris said...

Mike - You like nothing. Thefore I am not surprised.

Shaz - Sorry, I have failed you! :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...