Thursday, July 9, 2009

Broken Kneecaps, Velvet Spine

Since I moved to the Village, I now live about a 5 minute walk to work.

It's a good thing.

From my kitchen at home to my desk at work, I have my Zune on (uhh... Microsoft-made Ipod type-thang for those who dunno) and put it on shuffle. Takes about a song or two to get from A to B.

Music changes moods and, of course, pace. So some songs get me to work faster than others.




Radiohead - How To Disappear Completely

This entire song got me to work. Instead of a spring in my step however, I head a head-ful of major contemplation. I love this song. But it works best when you're alone in a dark room, and not starting a day of talking to people.



Red Hot Chili Peppers - Aeroplane

Good fer walkin'. Nuff said. (although, people look at me funny as I half-sing out loud)




Nine Inch Nails - Mr. Self Destruct

I dance weirdly down the street. Seriously.




Emiliana Torrini - Nothing Brings Me Down

I feel like I should be wearing a pretty sundress and skip down the street. 'Til I realize that, in reality, stuff DOES bring me down. So I stop skipping.




Whale - Hobo Humpin' Slobo Babe

Hands down - greatest song to walk to work to. I practically run.

So there you have it. A few of the songs that start my day. For better or for worse.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Random list!

Kris said...

Pretty much, yeah. That's how I like it.

TJ Detweiler said...

I listen to my ipod all day at work. Usually on random but somedays I pick one artist and put all their albums on shuffle. Today is Phantom Planet. I don't think it will last 8 hours.

Kris said...

It will if you put it on repeat!

Anonymous said...

I had whale in my head for a few days. Thanks Kris.

Kris said...

You are wilkommen, my friend.

Mike D. said...

That's actually a pretty good list.

Kris said...

I'd be inclined to agree.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...