Thursday, October 22, 2009

Anniversary Of An Uninteresting Event

Two years ago I went on a date.

It was a first date.
He was from Toronto. I lived in St. Catharines.
He drove all the way down to see me.

We didn't know each other that well yet, and first dates always make me nervous. Especially because I wasn't used to dating men so much older than me.

Being the control freak that I am, I offered to drive us around for the night. We met in a Kelsey's parking lot off the highway.

A little strange, a little new.

He had asked me what I wanted to do.
So I made him come to the lake with me and go on the swings.
I am a swing freak.

Any man that will go on swings with me on a first date - with his good shoes and swing-hating ways - is automatically a good catch.

...at least until he tells you about the time he ate a spider. But I learned to look past that.

We then went to a bar, where we managed to procur a hidden corner booth in the basement. Conversation was not a problem. A good sign.
Unbeknownst to me, a couple of my friends were there for drinks and stopped by for a moment.
I got the thumbs up. He passed the test for them.

Having just gotten out of a long-term crazy relationship, I needed more convincing.

Fast-forward two years:

Guess I quickly became convinced.

Add two dogs. One cat. An apartment. Love, stress, friendship, jobs, bickering, smiling, laughter and life. Major ups and major downs.

A partnership.






Happy two years, boy.

Thanks for the dates. You must've been a good kisser.

16 comments:

Jimmy chetwood said...

I hear on good authority you made him cry just now.

Kris said...

Aw.

I try my best, ya little Hoosier.

phx said...

Awww... this is awesomely beautiful.

Kris said...

Thanks phx! I figured I'd use the blog for its purpose... remembering stuff so I can look back and re-visit. :)

k said...

That's sweet,nicely said. I would've guessed longer than 2 years. The spider thing made me laugh. Without overly elaborating, what I do for a living is not conducive to those inquisitive first date chats. I laugh about it, but its even more difficult when I have to ask if someone has any particular phobias before inviting them home, given that items like one of these guys are in residence http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a221/blufender_5/geckos25helmetedsandtarantulas006.jpg

k said...

Ps Your new hair suits you. Especially in the first photo, that choice of color goes well with your complexion..almost appears to have a tinge of red.

ghost said...

i like to see someone beating the game.

Kris said...

k - I'm a-scared of spiders, I'll be honest. But I'm not intrigued about your job. And thanks for the hair compliment - it IS reddish, actually. And I had it re-done, so it's also darker. Uber dark brown with lotsa red tones.

ghost - I'm trying my best. I really really am :)

Kris said...

I just realized that I said I'm NOT intrigued by your job, K. I meant that I am. Oops!

Born with a big mouth! said...

awe congrats!! I wish we lived closer cause i would LOVE to actually hang out with you two!!!!

oh and every time I look at your page I always have to scan down to some of the fun pics of you guys cause they make me laugh. (dinosaur one for sure!)

Kris said...

You should move to Toronto, dammit!

kay zee said...

ooooh, how MUCH older?

Congrats on the two years Kris!

My three year is in December- woot woot!

Gage said...

aw that's cute.

Kris said...

kay zee - He's 11 years older. Congrats on your three years! Yay!

Gage - Thanks! :)

Mike D. said...

Congratulations to you. Another year that he wins!

Kris said...

What'd he win?

I hope it's an all-in-one washer/dryer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...