Friday, November 20, 2009

Moulin Rouge

We've lived in our "new" place for about half a year now. So for half a year, we've lived with the horrible "apartment off-white" colour that they all come with.

We've been meaning to paint. Really. We know the colours we want.

We just didn't do it.

Til now. The three walls that wrap around the kitchen (one in the front hall, one in the living room, one in the desk area) are FINALLY painted red. It went a li'l something like this:


C - Surprise, Kris! I bought paint while you were at work. Look at me... paintin'!

Kris - Didja tape it right? Is the shade right? Shouldn't we have drop cloths? What if the dogs get paint on them?



C - The paint is kinda pinkish.

Kris - NO! NO PINK! YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT PINK!

C - Oh, nevermind. Not pink anymore.

Kris - whew.


Kris - Since you won't allow me to paint, I'm just going to take pictures of you. You're pretty when you paint. But you should paint shirtless. I'm just sayin'.



C - It's been a day already. Stop taking pictures of the walls.

Kris - Can't help it. Need to take pictures from different perspectives at different times of the day.

Jack - Mummy? Why are the walls bleeding?


Kris - Shhh, dog. Want a treat? Then be quiet.


Jack - You DO look like that lady in the painting.


Kris - That's it. No treat for you.



Daisy - Look over there!


Jack - I am! I am!


Daisy - Mummy... Daddy... I have to show you something...



Daisy - I couldn't help myself. The paint looked fun, so I rubbed up against it. I was wrong. It was not fun.


Jack - I'm a good boy! Where's my treat?



Kris - Aw, I have a red dog. Like Clifford.


C - Who?


Kris - Clifford The Big Red Dog. Ah, nevermind. It'll go away on its own, right?


Jack & Daisy - Sooo.... treats?

16 comments:

Krista said...

I LOVE that red. Our old apartment in Kingston had a red-wall when I looked at it and I was so disappointed when the landlord painted over it.

What is it about white pets and being attracted to paint and anything that can stain them?

Aaron said...

Very nice. Modigliani would be proud.

I did red in what was once the office, and which turned into green when it was turned into a nursery. The primer was tinted pink and I swear to God, I needed 8 coats of red. I thought I was on that stupid Howie Do It and kept looking for Howie Mandel. It was insane. Benjamin Moore can go to hell. HELL! To top it all off, after all that frustrating work, it was red for a grand total of 3 months.

Shaz said...

I like the red! I bet it matches my hair and I could totally be there one night just camouflaging.

i love you said...

Awesome red!

I have one red wall in the living room with some red trim and a snazzy red sofa and o right, red hearts all over the place...

A girl just can't go wrong with red!

<3
Sharon

ghost said...

clifford really gets on my nerves. but having small chirldren, ill bite the bullet and watch for their sake.

PatZ said...

how does he not know who Clifford is?

Kris said...

Krista - Aw, you should've told the landlord to keep it! Yeah... pets like messes. Any kind, anywhere.

Aaron - Jeepers. Next time, get primer! :p

Shaz - That'd be fun! But if you're hiding, camouflaged by my wall, please don't jump out at me during a scary movie. I'd probably stab you, and no one wants that!

Sharon - You got it! I love red. It's my favourite. Thankfully the boy likes it too ;)

ghost - I read his books when I was little, but it's been a loooong time.

patz - Nah, he does. I just confused the poor boy.

Mike D. said...

That's pretty hot, Kris. The painting looks nice on it.

Kris said...

Shpanks, Mister D.

Aaroneo Modorkliani said...

The woman in the painting is Modigliani's lover, Jeanne Hebuterne, who was also a painter and, upon learning of her husband's death, threw her pregnant self from her bedroom window. After their artist friends petitioned her parents, she wound up here, with him...

http://www.theflews.com/Paris/Week06Pictures/Paris0729A.%20Modigliani.JPG

Kris said...

Yup.

I knew most of that.

And now she watches me. She is very judgy.

Born with a big mouth! said...

very nice choice in color! my bathroom is red and i love it! and you are too funny with your doggy talk!

Kris said...

Yeah, I'm a bit of a dork!

...the who cares girl... said...

dude. I need to paint my house. since when are you a brunette? yarg. I haven't been here in a while.

Kris said...

Heh. I dyed my hair about... a month and a half ago, I think.

Anonymous said...

[... ] is another interesting source of information on this subject[...]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...