Monday, December 7, 2009

Preppin' For The Fat Man

And so it begins.

With one Christmas party under my belt, it means that the season is here...






Christmas is my favourite time of year. The past two, for a few different reasons, were more difficult than usual and didn't feel the same.




And so, I'm going to do all I can to ensure that the Christmas Spirit is alive and well for me and la famille this year.


And thus brings me to todays topic:



Getting Into The Christmas Mood: Step One - Christmas Movies


Y'all ready?

First up - National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Watched it last week, and it made me wanna decorate right then and there.





Next... A Christmas Story.

This one is near and dear to my heart, since parts of it were filmed in my hometown, St. Catharines. Most notably, this scene:




And the third clip for your Christmas viewing pleasure - Scrooged.

Maybe not so Christmassy and "warm, fuzzy feeling" for most people, but it's one of my favourites:




While I love all the regular traditional movies and shows, these ones suit me best.

Merry December, folks.

Don't choke on your egg nog.

13 comments:

Aaron said...

I'd have BEEN in A Christmas Story as one of the classroom kids had I not moved the year before. Three of my friends are in it and when I visited the ol' neighbourhood the following year, they all gloated and laughed. I was crushed.

Kris said...

No shit?

That's sad. Wayta move!

I wonder if you'd know my friends... they live in that neighbourhood still.

But the schoolyard is gone. :(

Aaron said...

The schoolyard is gone - replaced by awful housing. It's good that Women's Place moved into the school though. It looks nice.

Kris said...

Agreed. I think it's a good place for it.

Too bad 'bout the housing.

Born with a big mouth! said...

yup, I think this year is going to be a hard one for me with all the changes going on in my life.....and then there's NYE to look forward too. Dang

oh, cute boys with your BF in the picture :)

Kris said...

I'll be sure to tell them you said so, Erin!

While most of the boys that appear on my blog, both of those guys are straight. But also married. ;)

Kris said...

Oops - I meant to type "while most of the men on my blog are usually gay..."

Missed the key word there.

PatZ said...

um, Charlie Brown Christmas? Muppet Family Christmas? ISLAND OF MISFIT TOYS? Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classic?

Man, it's like you only picked the three movies that suited you the best, geez.

Masuka said...

Well at least your transportation to the xmas party was a step up from the yellow school bus of last year... Too bad it was on a sunday... again.

ghost said...

is that shag carpet on the ceiling of the bus?

Kris said...

PatZ - Trust me, I'm a freak for ALL Christmas movies. You just named some of my favourites. (Don't make me sing the "We're a couple of misfits" song...)

These three movies are just the ones that ease me into the Christmas mood. Like appetizers.

Masuka - Yeah, it'll always be a sunday. Missed ya, it wasn't the same as last year! :(

ghost - Yes. Kinda. No... yes. Yes it was. And Karaoke machine was broken, so we had to improvise.

screetus said...

I guess Clockwork Orange, The Warriors and Predator don't count as Christmas movies. Oh well.

Kris said...

Yes. They do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...