Tuesday, January 5, 2010

3 Decades Later...

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but it's winter out there.



I realize that I live in Canada - but dammit, I don't deal well with the cold weather.

And so I've taken to wrapping myself up like a mummy in scarves and toques, warm jackets and gloves, and my orange and white winter boots that look like they belong to a little girl. Which means that the end result is pretty much me looking like a little girl in a snowsuit, waddling down the street.

During today's waddle to work, while I was feeling like a giggly little monkey, a song came on my Zune that fit perfectly with my current state of mind and reinforced a long lost love.

That song was Motley Crue - Looks That Kill.



Oh yeah. Mama loves her 80's hair bands.
Crue. Skid Row. Poison. Slaughter. Scorpions. Tesla. I could go on forever.... but I won't.

Because I know that most people don't agree, and will make fun of me for still loving these leather-clad, painted men and their pre-pubescent screaming abilities.

But all I know is that walking (ok... waddling...) down the street this morning with Vince Neil wailing in my ears about some badass chick reminded me of when I was younger.

And that actually made the cold weather more bearable.





... but maybe not that much .

15 comments:

Shaz said...

Photos of your creamsicle boots please

Cortesean said...

I love Motley Crue!! Thanks for a blast from the past. Stay Warm

ghost said...

i for one agree with you. 80's hairbands. nothing better.

screetus said...

Haha!
I'm keeping my eye open for those boots.

tony said...

metal (and even hairbands) rule.

dont listen to the haters.

if anything write down their names so that OZZY HIMSELF can eat their souls and laugh and laugh and laugh

ps for some reason i thought you were a Vancouver and not a Toronto thus i didnt arrange for drinks with you and your dude.

i swear next time im up there i will!

Kris said...

Shaz - Oh hell. I didn't even think of that. They ARE creamsicle boots! Pics to come, just for you...

Cortesean - I'll try my very best! Shout At The Devil is a good tune to keep warm to ;)

ghost - Damn right. I love that you listen to the same tunes I do...

screetus - Hey, I could very well be wearin' em when we meet! ....but perhaps not.

Tony - Good call, I should make a big soul-eating hitlist for Ozzy. He owes me a few favours! And yes, let me know when you're back in these parts! Drinks must be had!

Mike D. said...

That's your wrestling song.

Kris said...

It woulda been, yup. I can't believe you actually remember that. Have you been reading my archives?

Mike D. said...

Good possibility that I have.

Kris said...

I enjoy your superfan qualities. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Dark hair?!?!

Kris said...

Yeah. Well, it's faded now... goin' in for a re-do tomorra.

Masuka said...

I kinda like the faded look.

現在的... said...

Hello~happy new year............................................................

Kris said...

Masuka - you do? why?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...