Friday, January 22, 2010

The Situation

So. I suppose I should explain why I haven't posted here or visited any blogs in over a week.

It's been a rough few days, to put it mildly.

The boy (as he is lovingly referred to on the ol' blog) and I have decided to part ways. We are in the process of breaking up.

It's sad. It's unbelievably painful. It's scary.

But it's happening.

We'll be splitting up our little family and leaving behind the home we made together. We'll both venture off to start new lives, and re-build ourselves.

Having never been alone, this is pretty terrifying for me. There are so many options and non-options, it has my head spinning. Whether to stay here, or  move back to St. Catharines. Money issues. Personal issues. It's all jumbled.

And before anyone asks - I have no ill will towards C. At all. He is a wonderful man, who has been a great support for me. He pushed me in ways that I couldn't push myself, and saw potential I didn't let myself believe in. I'm grateful. We've been through more together than most couples can say - I'm actually proud of us both.

I loved him with all my heart for the years we've been together, and will always care for him greatly. Some things just don't work out the way you want them to. The hurt I'm feeling now is because I care so much. So I'm not in a good spot right now, but I know it will get better with time. Hopefully we won't be out of each other's lives completely.

And so, don't expect any happy, joke-riddled posts for awhile. This is gonna take some time to get over. As I pick up the pieces and start to feel normal, everything else will too I hope.

21 comments:

Shaz said...

*internet hugs* Sorry to hear lady :(

Kris said...

Thanks Shazzy. I'm taking all the hugs I can get.

phx said...

*hugs* Sorry Kris... :(

Kris said...

Thanks girl.

TJ Detweiler said...

Sorry to hear this. breakups suck. hope it gets better sooner rather than later :)

Kris said...

They sure do suck. Their suckage is pretty much unparalleled. And thanks for the nice words.

Mike D. said...

You can not be serious. I refuse to believe this.

Kris said...

Why?

I'm serious, dude. Wouldn't be a funny joke.

Jack Crevo said...

Just wanted to say that I wish you all the best as you battle through this.

It sounds like you're handling this very maturely, so I think with some time, you will come through this a little stronger. Or a whole lot stronger.

ghost said...

no!!

im so so sorry. there's a refuge for the broken hearted down here in texas.

damn it all.

Kris said...

Jack Smack - Thanks, you. I'm hoping for the "whole lot stronger". We'll see.

ghost - Yep. It's true. Maybe instead of deciding between toronto and my hometown, I should make the big swtich to Texas!

ghost said...

youve got a place to stay and a tour guide here, kris.

Kris said...

Thanks, ghost. If it comes down to that, I'll be knockin on your door.

Born with a big mouth! said...

oh honey i am so sorry. At least there seems to be no bitterness. That's the worst feeling in a break up. Well - enjoy the new.... and always looks back and think how lucky you two were to have known each other and been able to connect on levels that some people NEVER find in others. Love is amazing and horrible all at the same time.

oh - I think someone put a curse on me lately with all the bad things that have happened.

andrew said...

gah, well:

when life gives you lemons,
throw them at peoples heads.

hang in there.

Wil said...

Wait, you and C have parted ways and you're now going out with "The Situation"? Oh the humanity!

Kris said...

Erin - I'm not thinking on those terms yet... still too painful to reflect on it and feel lucky. I'm sure I will soon though. Thanks.

andrew - That's the best idea yet. Lets go lemon throwing!

Wil - I knew someone would comment on the title... a mistake of my part, of course. Welcome back to the interweb.

Sj said...

The Situation????

Really/????????????

Oh Sweetie.

Had I know you'd do that.......

Kris said...

Oh yeah?

I left you for him. Remember that.

His tan cannot be ignored. I'm getting him buy stocks in hair gel.

andrew said...

bahaha. totally!

Gage said...

good luck to you... I know from experience that things get better (yes, I know, such a trite comment, but still, true!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...