Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Screw You, Cupid


It's February. You know what that means... Valentine's Day.

Since I write radio commercials for a living, I've been hit in the head with good ol' Vday for the past few weeks.

Every client wanted lovey-dovey commercials with sweet messages for couples. Love, love, love. Happy, happy, happy.

Oh, the timing. Always perfect.

This will be the first Valentine's Day that I'll be without someone in...uh... I dunno. Many years.

And y'know what? That's ok.

In the past I wrote about Valentines in a different light. In a newish relationship way, and in a full-blown love kinda way.

This year?

I won't complain. I know most people view it as a holiday created by companies that sell pink and red crap, half-wilted flowers and cheesy cards. I just like the idea of having a day to be happy and sweet with the ones you love.

So I'm devoting this one to a couple that I love dearly.



Jack & Daisy.

Best friends, lovers, teammates - they're all of that.

So this day is for them.

Because they don't yet know that they're going to be split up as well.

Ugh. It breaks my damn heart.



Happy Valentine's Day week, folks.  Interweb hugs for all (cuz some of us need em)!

19 comments:

phx said...

Hugs to you and your doggies... I can't believe they are going to be split up! That's terrible... :"(

ghost said...

enjoy it, puppies. love never lasts.

ghost said...

and this reminds me of the post i wrote up yesterday for vday.

Kris said...

phx - Yeah, it is. They're a lot to handle for two people, nevermind one. So Daisy's coming with me.

ghost - "love never lasts". One day, I hope you prove yourself wrong. Me too. And I'm now gonna go read your post from yesterday.

screetus said...

Well said. But now I've no idea what to do with the giant pallet full of pink and red crap, half-wilted flowers and cheesy cards that got delivered to my office. Sigh.

Kris said...

Enjoy them! They're fun. I might still buy Valentines cuz I'm cool like that.

Have fun with the pallet :p

Born with a big mouth! said...

oh no .... I think you two need to work out shared custody or something ... wish you were closer .... and as for commercials, I think there should be some "single people" ones out there. work on it!!!

Kris said...

I write a lot of "single people" commercials, don't worry ;) That's on a regular basis though, not for Valentines.

The dogs will still have play dates... and I'll force Craig to babysit Daisy when I wanna go away for the weekend. He just might not know that yet.

Gage said...

you know... I don't think I've ever had a "special" Valentine's Day (whatever that is. I seem to always be with men who claim that Valentine's is a made-up holiday blah blah blah... but I think that is just to cheap out and do nothing. I guess I crave romance more than I thought... even though VDay is a bit stupid.

Kris said...

Agreed. I want romance too. I don't think I've ever really had an overly amazing Vday either, I usually kept it pretty simple. But I normally would celebrate it some way.

Mike D. said...

You know I've always wanted to be your Valentine. And I know there are a katrillion guys wanting to be your Valentine too. I know you're going to find a good one. Sorry about your dogs. :(

Kris said...

Thanks, D. You're sweet.

Kaptn said...

Saddest. Story. Ever...

andrew said...

I just now noticed the epic reading rainbow picture you have in your sidebar. A little off-topic, but very deserving.

Perhaps there needs to be some sort of festivus holiday equivalent to Valentines Day. Jack & Daisy could certainly use one.

Kris said...

Kaptn - Sorry! Aw, I keep making you sad...

andrew - Reading Rainbow is the shit. Levar Burtin just might be my hero.

And yeah... maybe their holiday will be called Super Awesome Fun Day of Dog Treats and Doggie Walkin'.

Or SAFDDTDW for short.

andrew said...

SAFDDTDW.

Rolls right off the tongue.

kay zee said...

sob

Kris said...

Yeah. The day we actually split em up was NO GOOD. Oh man. Cryfest.

They're ok now, though. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow... this site is so popular. I just wanted to know how do you monetize it? Can you give me a few advices? For example, I use http://www.bigextracash.com/aft/2e7bfeb6.html

I'm earning about $1500 per month at he moment. What will you recommend?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...