Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Shiny Happy People


The past month has been, to put it bluntly, a scum-sucking ass-tastic son of a goddamned bitch.

Everything went wrong. Big things. Little things. Stupid things. Didn't matter what it was. It went from horribly bad, to worse, to "how is it that I'm able to exist from day-to-day with all this shit going on? Hmm."

As if the breakup hadn't been (and isn't still) hard enough, it was merely a starting point. A launch pad o' fun.

And so, the negativity soared. I'm negative by nature... it's true. But lately? Since Murphy's Law had decided to make an example of me (y'know... "everything that can go wrong WILL go wrong.."), I saw no positivity in anything.

It's the wrong way to be.

Feeling helpless and overwhelmed and lost is shitty. Just plain shitty. I've recently been prone to random cry-fests, overwhelming nausea, massive outbursts of rage, capped off with an unavoidable need to curl up in a ball and stay that way. Permanently.

Today I've decided to change all of that. If I let it consume me, it'll never go away.

So I'm going to look forward to new things. Look "change" in the eye, punch it in the face and run away. Then come back and ask it to be my friend.

*I have to take positive baby steps in order to be the lion I need to be.

Cuz I've got plans, baby.



Rawr.


(* current mindset is subject to change. Yeah, sorry bout that...)

19 comments:

screetus said...

It'll be okay.
Remember what Counsellor Troi said in that one Star Trek episode where Barclay thought he was seeing things in the transporter but then it turned out there actually was something in the transporter: The best way out is through.

Kris said...

Ever since you told me that, I've actually thought about it.

Oh, Troi.

You're Counsellor Screetus!

Kris said...

I concur, Anon.

(Seriously, how do I stop these bots from visiting me?)

Jetson Stamina said...

Don't mess with Anonymous... he clearly knows Karate.

Kris said...

He's a genius in every way. And he's really good at Nintendo.

I call him Anony-Bot.

Masuka said...

I have middle ear spasms.

..Told you I'd comment

Kaptn said...

I'm very happy to hear this.

Whatever it is you did or need to do to keep your mind in this state, do it. You decided to change it, the difference is only that. Don't forget to enlist the help of others if you are having trouble staying on this path.

May the force be with you ...or something like that ;)

Kris said...

Masuka - You rock. I hope to see you and your lovely wife this Sat night!

Katpn - I always like your comments. I think you're good for my positivity. Thanks!

Mike D. said...

You are a lion. You're a strong as hell woman. And a wonderful one. Great things will happen soon. Forget everything in the past.

Kris said...

Thanks D. But not everything in the past was bad. Still... nice words. :)

Born with a big mouth! said...

I really think I need to take a trip soon. It is SO amazing you and I are in the SAME place right now. BUT that means there must be some GOOD stuff coming our way, right? Gosh darn it - there HAS to be. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

oh and the ninja up above was too funny!

Kris said...

Girly, I'm trying to think that way. When everything goes bad, something great has to happen to balance it out. I'm more than ready to be balanced.

And you know EXACTLY where you need to head to on a trip...:)

Mike D. said...

I've read your blog from the beginning, I can read between the happy tales.

Kris said...

Don't be silly.

Anonymous said...

Gals
You have got to see this. Obama playing on XBox. Funniest video ever. http://bit.ly/bllhx1

Harald Benz said...

Guess, the lowest of all low points must have been your meeting with screetus.
Good news is, it can't get worse than that, which means things will get only better from now on!

Phronk said...

Sorry to hear about all that shittiness. That's life I guess, and it can only go up from here. No shame in wallowing in it for a while before making plans, like a lion. Or like a boss. Or like a boss who is a lion.

Kris said...

Harald - Heh. Nah, that was definitely a high point!

Phronk - I'm looking forward to becoming a Lion Boss.

ghost said...

it's a start, and that'll do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...