Saturday, February 13, 2010

Spare A Nickel?


Coming up with the funds to pay for first and last at an unknown new apartment in an unknown area of an unknown city can be hard when you're broke.

And so, by some kinda accident, my empty water cup was mistaken for a tip jar... and it then evolved into a Rent Money Jar.

By the generosity of fellow co-workers and caring visitors, the total is up to about 30 cents.



At this rate, I'll have a new home in no time! Thanks, friends!

-----------------------------------------

On an unrelated topic, I was able to take a couple hours away from my Apartment Fundraising to have beers with the one and only Screetus.


He's the first blogfriend I've ever met up with, and it was a good time. He doesn't know it yet, but I plan to find him the perfect woman. His awesomeness deserves a chick of equal awesomeness.

You readin' this, buddy? Be prepared!

(Oh look! He blogged our meeting as well.)


Hmm.... I should've stolen THOSE glasses for my Rent Money Jar.

They'd hold more.

15 comments:

screetus said...

You rock!

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

Mike D. said...

*throws $500 into the jar*

Move back home, forget Toronto. What do you have there?

Kris said...

Honestly? I'm not sure.

Anonymous said...

Do you ever meet readers of your blog who are not bloggers?

Kris said...

Not anonymous ones, nope!

ghost said...

i leave cups around all the time. no one ever throws money in them. you ave the golden touch, kris.

Kris said...

Aw, I wish that were the truth ghost. Unfortunately, I think I owe it all to the look of desperation I've been sporting lately.

Mike D. said...

If you're not sure, come back home.

Anonymous said...

Today is my lucky day :)
Apple is giving review copies of iPad to 100 lucky person. Go to http://bit.ly/d9QOON and apply for it.

Kris said...

Mike, I'm not sure yet. But I'm probably stickin' it out here.

andrew said...

Well clearly your problems are over, iPad giving away iPad to 100 lucky person. lol. Gotta love comment bots.

Kris said...

I know! I feel like they're my only friends!

andrew said...

Well I must say I'd take a Nintendo Spamming Bot as a friend any day!

:)

Anonymous said...

Hello there, You've done a great job. I'll definitely digg it
and personally suggest to my friends. I'm sure they will be benefited from this web site.

my web site; graduate Certificate Online

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...