Saturday, March 13, 2010

And It Leans On Me, Like A Rootless Tree

I haven't been so good at posting much lately.

Ah... not that I was any good at it before.

But I'm trying to keep busy.

And even when I'm trying NOT to keep busy,

Busy seems to be keeping me.


I've never lived alone before.

It's... strange.

Quiet.

Good points, bad points.




For someone who has rarely done daily routine things alone in my whole life, I'm becoming oddly accustomed to doing everything by myself.

Just me.

I like me. I kick ass. I'm a good companion, if only for myself.

And maybe for Daisy.



But still.

It hasn't been very long.  A week?  Week and a half?

And I have to admit...

I really, really miss him.

He was the sweetest boy I've ever known, and I don't think I'll ever love another like him.

I selfishly hope he misses me too...




Oh, Jack. My little guy. It's just not the same without ya.


What?

Who did you think I was talkin' bout?

Yes, C is missed too.

And he knows it. (Daisy sends kisses)

Alright. That's all I got for today.

Time to attack the weekend, head-on.

G'bye, blogtown.

18 comments:

Leah said...

I totally saw that coming...and enjoyed it nonetheless

Kris said...

Of course you did. You share half of my brain.

screetus said...

Another good thing about living on your own is how much you can let your place go. Um, not that I do that. Just saying.

Kris said...

I do the opposite!! My place has never been cleaner or more in order. Well.. for the most part...

Krista said...

oh god that is a bad habit to get into screetus, i let this place go when brian goes off to sea. the cats have the run in the house.

hang in there k!

peterdewolf said...

"Busy seems to be keeping me."

I like that line.

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.

Masuka said...

"Doing everything myself" I like that line.

Kris said...

Krista - Don't let the cats win!!!

Peter - It's so true, too. Damn busy, trying to keep me.

Masuka - Yeah. You do like that line.

Born with a big mouth! said...

I think it's funny that you and i connected through blogging, because we are have so many things in common. I am so glad I get to read a bout your life :)

Harald Benz said...

Hey, take Daisy to Cherry Beach. That will get her out of the blues quickly.

Kris said...

Erin - You're so sweet. :)

Harald - Which one is Cherry Beach? I'm pretty dumb!

Kaptn said...

Kris,

I'm really disappointed to see you in a funk and I'm sad that you're sad.

Challenges in life give some contrast. You'll understand yourself better and it allows you appreciate some of the most random things. Karma's way of teaching a lesson, I guess. :)

Chin up, you are going to move forward as soon as you know where you want to go! Just pick a direction!!!

Kris said...

Katpn - That's exactly what I'm trying to do :)

Mike D. said...

Dont admit you miss him, girly.

Kris said...

Who? Jack or C?

Why not?

I'm not into games. I miss what I miss when I miss it. Eff it.

Harald Benz said...

Cherry Beach is at the very end of Cherry Street, South of the Lakeshore, one block east of Parliament Street.
Everything to the right of the lifeguard's building is pretty much off leash area!

Kris said...

Oooh, right! I've never been, but I heard about it before.

Thanks Harald!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...