Sunday, March 28, 2010

Roll The Windows Down, This Cool Night Air Is Curious.

First post from St. Catharines... but enough about St. Catharines. Let's talk about my Toronto people.

Cuz... wow.

Friday night I had my "Goodbye... For Now" party at the Rhino in my favourite 'hood, Parkdale.

I honestly wasn't sure if anyone would show up.

I was wrong.

It was amazing to see so many faces and friends, all together in on place.

About 3 or 4 completely different groups of people all hanging out together and making new friends.


You guys are awesome.

I had a great time, and it was the perfect sendoff.



I am now more dedicated than ever to making this work so I can come back.

Guess I made Toronto my home.

I just hadn't realized how much.




I took a lot of pictures, but I wish I took more.

Some faces are missing, and this is the kind of night I really want to remember.


I managed to keep tears at bay, for the most part.

Some of those damn tears may have managed to slip by at the very end of the night.

Blame the Labatt 50. Blame those I cried with.

Blame me, cuz hell... I'm an emotional kinda chick.




We pause now for a Kristen & Neil Photoshoot of Nutbar Faces:





I'll miss my freak.


"Are you still here? Don't you have another city to be in?" 

C came too, just to make sure I was really leaving. 

Kidding. Thanks for the Jager and hugs, boy!


And Matt, thanks for the Chino vs. Maynard singalong! Sorry if I ruined your ears, or anyone else's.



And so, the night eventually ended.

I went home to get no sleep.

And moved back to St. Catharines.


And from here, I will rant to you all about my adventures in dog walking, wild turkey chasing, and Mansion House visiting.

Til I get my ass back where it belongs.

15 comments:

andrew said...

Looks like it was a blast!

Toronto will miss ya!

Anonymous said...

What's with the animal faces? You look hot doing them so I'm not complaining. I'm just wondering.

Kris said...

andrew -aw shucks. Thanks! When I come back, I hope it remembers who i am!

Anon-Honestly? I don't even know why we all kept doing that... I suppose the evening needed a theme.

Mike D. said...

You've got friends here too, maybe you should stay?

Kris said...

I don't wanna stay... I like Toronto. Didn't really expect to, but I do.

[matt?] said...

You sure captured me at my finest... You like, internetz?

Next time (and there will be a next time), we'll throwback to Maynard & Rollins...if I've still got it. Keep your chops up.

Masuka said...

Come visit anytime.. You can use Sabrina's room. I'll miss you chickie!

ghost said...

im sure toronto feels more empty for your absence.

screetus said...

Sorry I couldn't attend; glad you had an awesome send off!

Come back soon!

Kris said...

Matt - Maynard & Rollins? You got it! That's weird... I was just talking about Rollins today...

Masuka - I'll miss you too! But I'll be up for a visit soon, I'm sure.

ghost - You're sweet. :)

Screetus - I definitely will!

Mike D. said...

But if you stay maybe I'll come out of hiding.

red-handed said...

Good luck (and have fun)!

Kris said...

D - I don't even know where you ARE anymore.

red-handed - thanks :)

Mike D. said...

I'm where I need to be.

Freak said...

Your freak misses you dearly!! Was an awesome night.. Can't forget those awesome Ceasars!! Mmmm... I want you in my arms so I can...... tickle you!! :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...