Thursday, March 4, 2010

This Horse Is Dead, But Let's Still Beat It!

This week has been bad. Just, bad. From Sunday night til today, I feel like I've been hit in the head with a Mack truck.

So that's my explanation for not posting. I just... couldn't. I was over-emotional, and the brain? She was full!

But, as usual, I digress...


As bad as Sunday night may have ended up for me, Sunday evening couldn't have been better.

What a hockey game. What an outcome for the entire Olympics.

And Canada? What a friggin' country.

Coming home and seeing the crowds out on Yonge Street, celebrating, cheering, high five-ing strangers... Everyone was united in their pride and patriotism, more than I have ever experienced before.

Way to go, Canada.


As for me?

I'm a Canadian chick,

I wear furry hats. I chug my beer. I swear like a sailor and am unapologetic about it.

I scream when my team wins. I smile at neighbours. I hurt when other people hurt.

I'm a tough as shit girly on the outside,

With an overemotional and sensitive inside.

In other words...

While I'm not doing so great right now...

This Canadian chick is gonna come out on top. 

Cuz THAT is the Canadian way.

You dig?

17 comments:

Aaron said...

And if I DON'T dig?!

I think I'm a Canadian chick too.

screetus said...

Furry fuzzy hat!

Your hat kicks ass. I bet it goes perfectly with your creamsicle boots.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

I was pissing my whole family off by cheering for Canada. I tried to tell them that it's their home crowd, the US already has the most medals, and Canada doesn't meddle in other countries business and bomb the shit out of them. To that, they called me a commie.

Your description of a Canadian chick sounds like Alanis Morrisette's description of herself on her first album. Coincidence?

Harald Benz said...

I don't know you personally but I know you rock. Canadian chicks with fuzzy hats just do!
Cheers to you!

Kris said...

Aaron - You are a Canadian chick. But male. Which is good. ....k, that didnt sound right.

screetus - Oh man, that outfit would be great. Never wore em together!

Noisewater - We thank you for your cheering! And as for Alanis... that wasn't really her first album. She was a pop singer when she was 16 ;)

Harald - Thanks!! You rock too! Cuz I said so!

ghost said...

you know i dig.

ghetto.punk.chic said...

Never too hot, never too coooold. You make your best shot too hot to hold!

Oh, classic Alanis.

Kris said...

ghost - I dig your diggage :)

Chic - Oh man. Come visit me so I can dig out my old Alanis tapes! We can dance on the balcony and frighten school children! You know you wanna.

Born with a big mouth! said...

I dig :)

Mike D. said...

I'm not a fan of those hats, I'll admit that. But you look amazing in it. How did you do it?

Kris said...

Erin - Ah, you're always so supportive like that!

D - I did nothing. But maybe the hat makes my head the right proportion. :p

Anonymous said...

Goooo Canada!

Harald Benz said...

I don't think it has anything to do with "the hat makes my head the right proportion". Not at all.

It's because YOU make the hat look cool. Period.

More power to you!

Kris said...

Thanks Harald!!! You rock!

Kaptn said...

Kris, there is not the slightest doubt that you will thrive, I think you are the only one that needs to be convinced.

Your heart is in the right place, keep it there, we're all better off for it.

Kris said...

Kaptn... you did it again. You always know what to say. Thank you.

peterdewolf said...

More Canadian chicks should wear furry hats.

I feel very strongly about this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...