Saturday, April 24, 2010

I Had To Send It Away To Bring Us Back Again

Yesterday I deleted one of my blogs.

Not a post. An entire blog.

I never post to it. I don't need it. So I deleted it. According to Blogger, I deleted it forever.

Later, I looked at my profile to see if it was off my blog list.

Oddly, it was still there.

Huh?

This facial expression was fitting. Strange that it would still be listed.

Then I realized that I had actually deleted The Ungrateful Sister of Shambled Ramblings, better known as Caught.

Yeah.

The one I've actually been posting to lately.

I had deleted the whole thing. Forever.

Cut to me pulling my hair out.



I freaked right out.

And stupidly so. I mean.. it's a blog. Not even my main blog.

Just a friggin' blog.

But it's a collection of words and thoughts and we all know how much I'm into looking back on things. It made me sad to think that I couldn't read how I felt at different times, and see comments from people who 'got' it.

Luckily, when I went back to the ol' Blogger dashboard, I discovered a little thing called "undelete".

Oh, undelete. How I love you.


This, friends, was a *whew* moment.

Blew the messed up hair outta my eyes and maybe squealed with joy. Maybe.

And now the other, less viewed, less cared about blog, is back up like it had never been gone.

Swell.

14 comments:

ghost said...

i care.

Harry Satchel said...

That first picture is the tits.

Kris said...

ghost - that's cuz you're pretty much awesome.

Harry - Yeah. That's what I look like when I'm thinking. Very different from those girls you pick up at KFC. :)

phx said...

whew indeed!!!

Mike D. said...

Don't freak out over a blog just rewrite it. Best pictures of all, by the way!

tony said...

GREAT LESSON!!!!

NO DELETING BLOGS!!!!!!!

You can always make blogs private, which is what I recommend when your life is going the "A Change"

but thank god you learned this great lesson that ONLY EVIL can come from deleting blogs.

rock on

Kris said...

phx - I think I actually made that sound.

Mike - Yeah, yeah. It's esasier if I just undelete it.

Tony - You're RIGHT. I must avoid the evil at all costs and never delete again!!! Maybe if I had learned how to read properly, I wouldn't have clicked the wrong damn title. ;)

Anonymous said...

Glad you recovered your blog, I enjoy that one quite a bit. It's very honest, even when sad.

Kris said...

Thanks, Anon. I tend to be honest to a fault. And yeah... it's my whiny bitch blog. Whether people like it or not ;)

Phronk said...

Holy shitballs. I think I'd need medication if I deleted any of my blogs. It's not like I regularly go read old posts, but just knowing that all that writing is lost forever would break my heart.

I think I'll go back up some stuff now.

(although there's always Archive.org. And good to know about undelete!)

Anonymous said...

fuck you are hot.

Born with a big mouth! said...

whew!!! Glad that didn't causes you to have a heart attack!!

Kris said...

Phronk - Ooh, I didn't know about Archive.org! I'ma check it out!

anon - Well, thanks. Masuka???

Erin - It almost did! Doesn't take much ;)

liz said...

I delete posts on the regular (I've been blogging since 2003, and that whole "shame" thing kicks in) but I always save them first, somewhere else. Cause you just never know!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...