Wednesday, April 28, 2010

There's A Big Hard Sun, Beatin' On The Big People In The Big Hard World


As of yesterday, I've been in St. Catharines for a month.

Very strange. It's somehow simultaneously felt like forever and yet still a short time.

Each day I know I'm closer to where I wanna be. Searching like crazy for the right job, keeping positive and not letting myself give up. Things are gonna happen, dammit.

Reading some old blog posts yesterday, I came across this one from January 2008. My life was different but similar then, and I think maybe I was right. But I'll turn the make-believe world into my reality.

This weekend I'll be back in Toronto. It's like visiting home - exciting and familiar.
I hope to see friends that I miss.  If you're around, let me know.

In other news, today my blog hit 35,000 hits since May 2008 when I threw the counter on my page.

Not a huge number for many bloggers who see that in a month. But considering the first year didn't have many readers, and I never ever expected that anyone would WANT to read random stuff that I spewed...

It makes me happy to see.

So thank you guys for giving a shit. And for putting up with my rambles that are oh so very shambled.


18 comments:

andrew said...

Haha, nice picture! You're Welcome!

Kris said...

Yay!

Aaron Miles said...

I'm going to guess 60 of those hits are mine so...is there a reward thing like Air Miles? Or...

Kris said...

Aar Miles! Aaaahahaha... ok sorry. Um. You win... my friendship. Don't spend it all in one place, now.

screetus said...

See? Toronto is just down the road.

Kris said...

I hope to live up that road again soon!

Alyson said...

I need to print that "Thanks for not sucking as a friend" and send it to all my loved ones. I think they'd appreciate it.

Kris said...

I was thinking of doing the same thing! Maybe in t-shirt form.

Obviously said...

I want one that says;

"Thanks for understanding the intricacies of living in a glass house"

If more people did, there would be a hell of a lot less sadness

Kris said...

You're on a mission to eradicate sadness.

Good.

Anonymous said...

People come here and read because you're a smart and interesting young lady. So we keep coming back, and will continue to!

Kris said...

Thank you. That's a really sweet thing to say. I appreciate it. :)

Princess Pessimism said...

Where did my comment about break dance fights go??? Sigh...lol

Porkfish said...

I come here for the cheap entertainment and free Shrimp

Kris said...

Princess - I feel weird calling you Princess :p And I never saw a comment about breakdance fights! repost, repost!!! I'm intrigued.

Fish o' Pigs - Nuthin's free, darlin'. One day I'll come collectin.

Kris said...

Oh, and there's nuthin' cheap about it either! Jerkmonkey.

Porkfish said...

Ya, one day I may do the same.

Kris said...

Well now I'ma scared.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...