Friday, May 7, 2010

I Fell Through This Crack, & I Kinda Lost My Head

You can see me here, right?


Cuz before this afternoon, I didn't technically exist.

"Huh?", you ask? Lemme explain.

Awhile back I lost my wallet, or it was stolen, at the good ol' Horseshoe Tavern. In that wallet was my driver's license, my birth certificate, my SIN card, my health card, and any other possible ID that a chick like me may have.

Stupid to carry it all around with me, I know.

The problem is that in order to get one piece of ID, you need to have others. So if you have nothing, you're fairly screwed. I managed to get a new license without other ID, but ran into red tape trying to get the rest.

Recently, I tried to get my license renewed with only my expired license as my identification. Ya still with me? The lady said that wouldn't work, so I HAD to go online and order a birth certificate. I guess the protocol has changed now, cuz I was finally able to get one.

So, today my birth certificate came in. And with it, I was able to renew my license.

I now have proper identification. And once again...

I exist!



See? I even have a reflection now.

Good for me.



24 comments:

Shaz said...

It's a shame when hot people like you cease to exist.

Kris said...

Because you're all sweet 'n stuff:

"Riff-raff, street rat... I don't buy that... If only they'd look cloooserrr..."

See? I did the sad version this time.

Ding Dong Deluxe said...

So, your ass likes to look at itself in the mirror, eh? Interesting.

Kris said...

No. My ass gets scared when it sees its own reflection.

Leah said...

Take note of the picture of a VERY young Kristen in the last photo....bottom right corner. Yeah, I'm a dick.

Kris said...

Hahaha, good eye! I lost my two front teeth then. And for some reason I was crying during the photoshoot. So if you look closely at the pic, you can see my puffy red eyes. I was a dork. A really really young dork.

Dale Park said...

Was?

Kris said...

Mean. Young Dork Kristen would cry then bite you. However, the bite wouldn't hurt as she had hoped, cuz she had no front teeth. Foiled!

Parkvail said...

Yes, your gummy threats don't scare me, Lil' Goetz!

ghost said...

you're not a vampire.

Kris said...

Well, not anymore apparently!

Anonymous said...

Glad you exist again, and I am a fan of you in that yellow. Brightness suits you!

Kris said...

I tend to stick to black, but every now and then.... I let the sun in a bit. Thanks.

Krista said...

I think I go through this painful process once a year. This time not only lose my shit but I also lost Brian's birth certificate and it just came back. All the way from the NWT. It was a long wait and now I lost my holding privileges.

andrew said...

Glad you got your stuff back! Off-topic - at first I read anon's comment as "Brightness Sluts You!" and thought it was rather mean. lol, Evidently I can't read.

Kris said...

Krista - That's ok, holding privileges are too much responsibility sometimes!!

andrew - I guess everyone needs to be slutted up every now and then...

Anonymous said...

I change my mind, this yellow shirt should be your "makes my rack look great" shirt.

andrew said...

ha, well just take it easy, you're making it hard for the rest of us blogs to get any hits with pictures like that! Sheesh.

Kris said...

Anon - Stop being anonymous, Masuka.

Andrew - Uh-oh, is yellow slutty?!

Kris said...

K, so I was wrong. This anonymous friend who likes certain shirts is not Masuka. But Masuka, but... c'mon... you can't blame me!

Mancrab said...

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome news!

Kris said...

:)

I knew you'd be pleased. And know what's next? Health Card, just like you told me.

Alyson said...

Yay for existing!!

Anonymous said...

Just want to say what a great blog you got here!
I've been around for quite a lot of time, but finally decided to show my appreciation of your work!

Thumbs up, and keep it going!

Cheers
Christian, iwspo.net

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...