I've never had a problem meeting new people. This also means that I've never had a problem meeting new guys when I'm single. Because I'm rarely looking to date anyone, I'm pretty good at explaining why I'm not interested... luckily I can also be good at making them back off when they persist. (Although, in hindsight, most of my long-term relationships happened because the guys were still persistent when I pushed them away. Interesting.)
Anyway... Because of all this, I've never needed dating sites. For me, they're just kinda fun. Or a way to pass the time when you're feeling really lonely and otherwise bored.
BUT - The questionnaires and profile questions they have are mostly useless. They don't really tell you much at all. So I've decided to compile a list of the things I want/don't want in a man.
This might be kinda ugly.
Kris' Wonky List O' Dating:
1. No alcoholics - Been there. It's exhausting and heartbreaking at the same time. I like to drink; I like to drink with dates. But if you need to be shitfaced more often than not? You're useless to me.
2. No Jekyll & Hydes - Again, been there. If you have a nasty temper when you drink? No thanks. If you like insulting me and purposefully making me feel like shit after you've had a few beers? Screw you. Be alone.
3. Must Love Music - You don't have to necessarily like all the same stuff I do. But like music in general. Expand my music knowledge and I'll do the same. Nothing is better than a night of sharing music with each other.
4. Don't Hit On My Friends - Self-explanatory, no? Actually... if we're dating, maybe don't hit on ANY other chicks. Or else I'll kiss your best friend. This is a warning. Hope he's cute.
5. Realize That My Quirks Are Permanent - I'm weird. I'm awkward. I often make no sense. But hell, I'm fucking loveable. Mostly.
6. Never Try To Control Me - I've made the mistake of being controlled by boyfriends before. Never again. If we're dating, we're partners. ... but, uh... Can I be the Senior Partner?
7. I Secretly Love Affection - Kiss me, hug me, hold my hand. Tell me I'm pretty. Make me feel special. If we're past dating and now in a relationship, show me you care. Otherwise, how the hell am I supposed to know?
8. Liars Are Losers - I hate lies. If you lie to me or hurt me, it's hard to re-gain my trust. I'm honest to a stupid fault, maybe. But don't ever, ever lie to me. Or you die.
9. Gotta Have Passion - I mean this in all ways. Passion for me, for yourself, for the relationship. If we never fight, we have no passion. You fight for things you care about. And besides, a passionate man is sexy. So there ya have it.
Did I miss anything in this long-ass post? Geez.
I used to say my rules of dating were "Don't lie to me, don't cheat on me, don't hurt me". And that was it. That's all I asked. It's still true, this is just the longer version.
So I guess if I meet a dude who passes inspection, I'll just send him to this post and he can decide if he's right for me or not. And if he needs to know whether I'm worthy? I'll just send him to this ol' post on my other blog.
But come on. I'm worthy.