Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mama, I'm Comin' Home


Y'know the saying "You can never go back home"?

It's true for a lot of people. But not for me.

When I was left without options recently and the stress of not knowing where to go, my mom didn't hesitate to bring me back home. Back to the house I grew up in, back to my childhood bedroom. Back to my parents. They picked up my possessions and the pieces of my old life and brought me back. No questions asked.

My mom has given me a place to re-set and re-evaluate, without making me feel like the failure I thought I surely was.

When I go back to Toronto, head held high and better than ever, I will owe it all to my parents for giving me this time to breathe and make positive changes.

My mom is my support. And I don't know how to thank her.



As I type this, Daisy has crawled into my lap and fallen asleep. I am reminded that she, too, was a mother in her old scary life that we rescued her from.

So I'm dedicating my 400th post to her, and my mom, and all the moms in my life who have made it richer.

Thanks, Moms.

10 comments:

Mancrab said...

Is that your sister? hubba hubba!

Kris said...

Aw, you said that once on Facebook many years ago... You're smooth, my dear. :)

Mumsie said...

Awwwww........you made me cry

Shevy said...

Mommy's are good for letting you come home... and making sure you have all the stuff you need to survive... like food and such... Those McNulty women... good stuff, I must say.

Kris said...

Indeed they are.

Especially cuz they put up with us crazy younger McNulty women.

Mancrab said...

I believe in recycling! :)

Anonymous said...

Very very nice.

Kris said...

:)

Andrew said...

Nice post!

Grat's on #400!

Kris said...

Thanks buddy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...