Friday, May 14, 2010

Times Have Changed, & Times Are Strange

It's the weekend already? Where'd the week go?

Lemme recap to ensure that my brain is in working mode....

I spent most of Monday in Toronto. Paid a little visit to the ol' radio station...



... and they put me to work within 5 minutes.


I'll never admit to them that I miss voicing stuff. Shhh.

While in Toronto, Patrick & I put a few wheels in motion. Cuz that's what we do.

I was also lucky enough to get a visit in with my sweet little doggie, Jack. I miss him so much sometimes, I could literally burst into tears. Needless to say, I was really quite happy.

And last night I went on a date.

A date with two hot chicks that was long overdue.  Going on girl dates is much less awkward than going on a date with a boy. And if I laugh til beer comes out of my nose, they wouldn't care if it's unattractive. Plus, I already know I like them and don't have to worry about letting them down gently.

I'm picky about who I date, so what?

Speaking of dating...

In the past few days, more than a handful of people from my past have gotten in contact with me. I literally haven't spoken to these people in YEARS. And it was all random & unrelated.

Some of them used to play very important parts in my life; some of em... not so much.

But I can't help but wonder why all of a sudden they want to get back in touch.


Feels like I have a Time Machine and went back to 2007.


Nope. Definitely don't have one of those.

Interesting week, it was.



18 comments:

Kris said...

I should probably point out that I've never laughed til beer or ANYTHING came out of my nose. But, y'know.... if it ever did...

ghost said...

uh huh. sure.

Kris said...

I'm serious, dammit. :p

Krista said...

That is a good thing. It's a very painful experience.

Leah said...

You're right...we would still like ya even if beer shot out of your nose. Would you judge me if I told you I might like you more then?

Kris said...

Krista - I'd like to see a video of you doing that, please. but wait.. no.. not if it's painful.

Leah - I figured you would. I'll try my best next time. Beware the flying beer!

Mike D. said...

You said 'speaking of dating'. You dated these people? The whole handful of them?

Kris said...

I dated some of them, sorta. One in particular. But no, not all of em.

Anonymous said...

In the words of Leslie Poles Hartley: “The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there.” and I've never been good at foreign policy.

Kris said...

Well, in the words of Kris G.: "If I left something many years in the past, it's probably meant to stay there."

Windows of opportunity close after awhile, y'know? Except in special circumstances. Like good friends who lost touch.

Mike D. said...

They probably heard that you were single now. Word travels I guess in this city.

Anonymous said...

Well in the words of any anonymous blogger, go out have and amazing Saturday night. Then tell us all about it. Because... some of us will not be having an amazing Saturday night. that's just the way it goes.

Kris said...

Mike - Yeah, a newsletter went out a month ago. Heh. But no. Not happening.

Anon - Post with a name, and then you won't be so anonymous. It's hard to tell one anonymous commenter from another. And you should have an amazing Saturday night yourself...

Anonymous said...

.

Kris said...

I see.

Princess Pessimism said...

that happened to me too recently Kris. like all of march and april exes, people i dated, and old friends were getting in touch. Some people i didnt even remember. So random!!! I wonder what it is about this time of year.

Kris said...

I have no idea... But half of em I wish I could throw back into the past! Jebus.

Keir said...

That shot of you at the microphone is really cool. Whenever I've been near a good mic I feel like THE WHOLE WORLD can hear me breathing. It's very seductive and extremely dangerous. Obviously, you have no fear.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...