Sunday, July 25, 2010

I Was Sent To Cut You Loose, I Will Never Re-Undo You


Miss (Forced) Positive Thinking has been doin' ok these days, for the most part.

It's a combination of ignorance, pretend oblivion, newfound lack of caring about certain things and a sense of "Waitasec... I'm so much better than this!" And KA-BLAM! - instant boost. Maybe it's not the right way to do things, but I'll take it.

So it's been four months since I moved back to Niagara. Perhaps I misjudged my li'l hometown trip, because it definitely didn't end after two months.

I'm not going to beat myself up about that any longer. Some things are beyond my control, and I've yet to give up. Imagine that!


And so, I'm branching out a little bit. Alongside my search for full-time Toronto writing jobs, I've also decided to go back to freelancing but push it further. A lot further.

A spiffy new pro website is in the works and its main purpose will be to sell your Shamble-y Rambler friend to folks who require services of the writing variety. A lot of advertising/PR/marketing companies and small businesses need writers, but not on a full-time basis. Contract work, projects, part-time gigs... I'm looking at you.

Let's see how this goes.


Of course, since I'm putting this out to the public, I'll probably find a full-time job tomorrow. In that case, pretend this post never existed.

(Pssst.... that probably won't happen. So remember me if you have any contacts or writing needs. My long-distance relationship with the city of Toronto thanks you in advance for trying to get us together again. Aw.)

And that's the extent of my professional update.

As for my personal life?

Well, a girl's gotta have her secrets. And this girl wouldn't quite know where to start...

Sneaky little wiley bitch I am, perhaps. But you'll never really know, will you?




22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha. No comments? I think you officially pissed off your readers by your little tease at the end there. New guy? old guy? new old guy? Oh you'll never tell.

Born with a big mouth! said...

I have found that not knowing about things (like ex's lives) makes my life easier. I DO NOT ask questions, that way i don't have to act fake happy for anyone. I hope you find a job girlie!!!

Kris said...

Anon - I doubt I've pissed anyone off. Sunday posts have less readership - it's just the way it is. I didn't say the word "guy" at all, so you're allowed to assume whatever ya want! See? It's Choose Your Own Adventure day here. ;)

Erin - Thanks hun! When ya comin' to play in Canada, huh? :)

Mike D. said...

I had to go over this twice. Once to read and once to look at pictures.

Kris said...

Multitasking can be a bitch, I know.

Anonymous said...

Good luck, I bet you'll thrive. I'll admit to being curious about the personal stuff, though. Does it have anything to do with parking for more than 30 "munites"?

Kris said...

That's a very good question. But no. That's just askin' for trouble. Breakin' the law, breakin' the law...

Anonymous said...

Awesome.

ghost said...

im sure you'll tell us when it's time.

Kris said...

It was more of a sweeping generalization than referring to any specific things. It's just stuff.

screetus said...

Smart.
And the beauty is thanks to all that modern technology and stuff you can do work for clients anywhere, from anywhere.

But I'd still just move back to Toronto already.

Kris said...

I know. Every once in awhile I can hear you in my brain saying "Just move back!", haha. We shall see.

Anonymous said...

No video last week?

Kris said...

Didn't feel like doing one last week. This week, probably. If I think of something to jibba jabba about.

Anonymous said...

What happened to the stuff with Kris & Pat?

Kris said...

Patrick's been working on his reality show and had some other projects lined up. We knew they were comin'; I'm sure we'll put together some stuff soonish.

Am I not enough for you, dear Anonymous reader? Shucks. :p

kay zee said...

Seeeeecrets??

Good ones??

Kris said...

Haha not really.

But maybe I'll line up some good ones, and we can go for a beer one day and I'll have something fun to tell ya.

Anonymous said...

Dear Ms. Goetz,
If that is your real name. I did not mean to imply you weren't interesting enough, I was asking because I like cake. I was hoping there would be a launch party, and cake and beer would be had. Perhaps pizza prefacing the whole situation. I look forward to this big launch party when you and Pat reunite in a hilarious and comical way, much like a 90's sitcom.

Kris said...

Nope, actually it's not my real name.

Anyhoo - I'll talk to my pretty friend and see when he has free time in his busy schedule. I like parties and pizza too. Cake? Well, depends. Cheesecake? Always. Don't forget beer.

You must be some kind of anonymous friend of mine, otherwise how could you expect an exclusive invitation to such a launch party? Hmmmm?

Anonymous said...

Listen, Ms. Afsoon Banafsheh Aliaabaadi, which is in FACT your real name (I looked it up). If you don't want my giant beer cheesecake at your party, I'll take that and my labatt beer icecream else where.

Kris said...

Yep. You've passed the test. You're IN!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...