Monday, July 19, 2010

Let The Whole World Look In, Who Cares Who Sees Anything

Oh man.

This birthday, so far, has been awesome.

Whether you want it or not, this post is chock full o' pictures of people you probably don't know.

But ya should. Cuz they're fantastic.

Leah & I headed up to Toronto on Friday for a weekend of birthday festivities.



Shanghai Cowgirl became our weekend brunch destination. Without the coffee, there's a chance that neither of us would be alive right now.




Went to visit the Chimp & the Bear and to meet the most beautiful bundle of baby I've ever seen. Welcome to the world (a few weeks ago), TJ - Aunt K is gonna TRY not to corrupt you.

I said try.





No Chimp/Bear/Baby visit is complete without the greatest sheps ever. Daisy, you seein' these guys? Prepare to be flanked by 'em during High Park walks. Lucky bitch.


Saturday night was a birthday shindig of sorts at (where else?) the Rhino. I have to thank everyone who came out - I'm lucky to know some seriously great people. And my new infant boyfriend TJ even made an appearance. His parents are cool, what can I say?





My beautiful girls.


When you become incapable of taking pictures in which you look even half-human, you know you're "Birthday Drunk".


See? Birthday Drunk.





Birthday Drunkface aside, I love this picture. I surely do.


What's this? Drunken singalong time? Sure, twist my arm....


Thanks for letting us crash your place til 8am, Alex. Sorry that your eardrums may be ruined for life after we drunkenly butchered some tunes. Shambled & Rambled Kris was not feeling so alive the next morning. Re-counting the shots and bottles of 50, she now realizes why.

Great weekend. Great friends. Great hangovers.

As of today I'm 27 and ready for a new chapter.  Let's do this.


26 comments:

Gage said...

well happy birthday to you and here's hoping the rest of the year starts shaping its ass up for ya!

Kris said...

Hahaha thanks, girly! I'm hoping so too :)

andrew said...

Well Happy Birthday!

You'll have to tell me how 27 turns out because I'm due there in about 5 months. Though I'm secretly hoping 26 will last another year.

Kris said...

Thanks! Actually, I keep thinking I'm 28. It's very confusing.

Mancrab said...

It looks like I'm grabbing your tit in that group shot.

Kris said...

It does. But you're not! Promise. THAT much, I remember. ;)

Mike D. said...

Happy birthday baby! Looks like you had a fun weekend. Great to see.

Kris said...

Well thank ya, hun!

Caesar and Schultz said...

wooo! happy birfday, Aunt K. awesome set of pics you have on display here in blogs-ville. nicely done :)

glad your transition to twenty-seven-eight was a good one. oh, and the sheps are looking forward to their disy date.

xo c.bear n TJ

Caesar and Schultz said...

they meant 'Daisy'.

shouldn't let 'em typer for me..... you know how it is. : /

tony said...

happy birthday!!

Jetson Stamina said...

Happy Personal New Years!

Kris said...

C.Bear 'n TJ - Yeah, when I let Daisy type she doesn't even listen to me. She just writes "Squirrels. Squirrels. Squirrels. Squirrels. Dead." And she's very much looking forward to meeting those handsome sheps you've got ;)

Tony - Thanks! :)

Jetson - Haha, thanks... I should yelled that at 12am, I suppose. Ohh well. :)

Friend said...

Happy birthday, beautiful! 27 is your year.

kay zee said...

damn you and your "being in your 20's" horseshit.
Happy Birthday!

Kris said...

Friend - Thanks!

kay zee - Hahaha, way to make me laugh. It IS horseshit! ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Blog Ruler! Fun pictures. And your drunkface looks more like a happyface. =)

Kris said...

I'm glad I didn't post some of the OTHER drunkface pics. Yiiikes. ;)

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Glad you had a good birthday. I LOVE me a drunken sing-a-long, especially when the person with the guitar has good taste in music, in other words, knows a bunch of songs I like.

Kris said...

Oh man, me too. I'm a sucker for a drunken singalong. And the multiple guitarists of the evening knew song I liked. I remember there was some Tool, Deftones.... even some George Michael. :p The rest, I have somehow forgotten. Can't imagine why.....

Anonymous said...

I would like to see those "other" pictures you mentioned. They that bad?

Kris said...

Oh yes. Yes they are.

screetus said...

I like that dashing-looking guy in the tan shirt.
Glad you had fun!

Kris said...

That dashing-looking guy in the tan shirt is a superior human being :)

Born with a big mouth! said...

happy late birthday twin!

Kris said...

Thanks babe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...