Monday, August 23, 2010

I Heard Your Heart Beating, You Were In The Darkness Too. So I Stayed In The Darkness With You.

If you've read my blog for awhile, you probably know that I never review or write about something unless I'd actually use it, am a fan of it, or think it's just darn awesome.

This here post would belong in the 3rd category.

Since my temporary move back to St. Catharines, I try to get back to Toronto as often as possible (the love is deep, dontchaknow). That means I've stayed in a bunch of hotels. Some ok ones, some pretty good ones, and some downright craptastic ones.

I stayed at the Pantages on Friday night, and it blew 'em all outta the water.

As soon as I got there, I had an appointment at the Shizen Spa for an amazing massage. I was a spa virgin, I admit it. I'm half surprised I didn't kiss the masseuse after.


See? I was so relaxed and noodle-like that there was a halo around me. That's a happy girl.

Since I liked the place a lot, I figured you guys might want to be there with me. So perhaps we should take a tour my of my suite...
 

My living room for the evening.


Kitchen.


Too much to choose from. We know I'm no good at decision-making.



Hmm, what's in there?


Oh, you want me to show you the bedroom? Of course you do.


The desk where I failed to blog, email, or do much of anything from.


Crazy comfortable bed, facing second TV. Two TVs for one li'l chick.


Wanna take a nap with me? Excellent.



This is nice. I like naps.


If you're gonna snore like that while we're napping, get outta my bed. Now.


Quick check out the window...


Oh, hello Massey Hall! Nice to see ya.



Alright, tour's over.

You've now seen most of my awesome suite at the Pantages. If you go stay there, you should probably invite me. I didn't particularly want to leave. Neither did Jack (my dog), who I brought along for a visit.

As much as I'd like to blog about the rest of my Toronto weekend, I'm just too tired. And since I no longer have that awesome bed in the photos, I'll have to settle for my own.

Goodnight, freaks 'n geeks.


33 comments:

BShurette said...

Ok give it up, who was the lucky man who got to share this experience with you?

BTW, nice digs.

Masuka said...

It sure wasn't me cuz you failed to return my texts!

Kris said...

Brian - Who says there was a lucky man anywhere? Actually, I guess I did. Jack. My dog. He's male. And very cuddly.

Masuka - I am sorry that my text machine decided not to like you this weekend. Have you also noticed that it no longer purse dials you?

BShurette said...

That's adorable.

Kris said...

Ha!

Anonymous said...

You're making me want to visit Toronto.

Kris said...

Well then you probably should. Toronto welcome anonymous visitors.

Aarliver Twist said...

Well aren't *we* fancy, Miss Fancypants! Staying in your cappuccino coloured room! I hope you'll still have time for us peasants living in the slums!

Kris said...

Let's go live there.

A.Twist said...

I'll bring my deep dryer.

Mike D. said...

I don't snore. I'll nap with you. That bed looks comfy.

Kris said...

It was, by the time I actually got to it.

screetus said...

So luxurious!

You should just move in there. And live the life of a secret agent and save the world and stuff. Oh wait, you already do that. Never mind.

ghost said...

i won't lie. i could use a nap.

Kris said...

screetus - Actually, my secret agent life currently consists of "secretly" living with my parents and "secretly" cursing things. Saving the world is next on the list!

ghost - Yeah, I definitely require another one.

Anonymous said...

I'm with 'BShurette'. I wanna know who the guy was. Girls like you should never spend too much time alone! :)

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

I want a massage and a nap. I don't need a nice place for it either. I'd take that in my shitty apartment.

Princess Pessimism said...

Ive never even heard of this hotel (considering how many there are in toronto)....looks good!

Alyson said...

When you said "Pantages" I immediately thought of the theater here with the same name; it totally threw me off the whole post, haha.

Kris said...

Anon - What's a "girl like me"?

Dr. - A massage and a nap is good anywhere. Especially in that order.

Princess - I know, there are lots. This one is right beside Fran's. Ever been?

Alyson - Me too! I went to the martini bar in the lobby last year sometime... and I got confused because of the name. I kept bugging my ex, "Wait, we're going to the Pantages? To see a show? They have a bar in the lobby of the Pantages? There's a hotel in a theatre????"

Yeah. I was very confused.

Jonathan said...

Little Miss Sunshine! I guess you left out pics of me during our stay at Pantages ... seems like you still want to keep a lid on our recent romantic involvement ... thats cool ... I promise not to tell a soul ...

Kris said...

Oh, Jonny... Of course I'd want to keep a lid on our romantic involvement. You think I'd ever wanna admit it to ANYONE?

:)

I vaguely remember you. Ha. But I think I still have the interview sheet where you wrote notes to yourself about why should hire me. Perv.

Kris said...

Uh... that was supposed to read "why YOU should hire me". Right.

Anonymous said...

I meant a girl like you who is hot and cool and smart and all those other words people use. I didn't mean it as an insult, I promise.

Jonathan said...

I think the notes I took during the interview were :

Hot blond.

Sexy phone voice.

She can't stop flirting with me.

Kris said...

Anon - Oh. Thanks, then :)

Jonny - Close. But not quite. I should really go find that paper...

Anonymous said...

Looking good babe! I'll massage you any day of the week.

Kris said...

Promise? I'd let ya. But not anonymously, cuz then you'd have to wear a mask. And then you won't see very well. We just can't have that, can we?

Anonymous said...

You make Canada in general better.

Kris said...

Anon, you're now my favourite person. Let's be friends.

Anonymous said...

Your face could calm savage seas. (Sincerely, Better Canada)

Kris said...

What about lakes? Cuz Lake Ontario doesn't seem calmed by my smirky face. ;)

Anonymous said...

There is certainly a great deal to find out about this issue.
I love all the points you made.

My webpage; pharmacy technician license

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...