Thursday, August 19, 2010

We Go Blind When We've Needed To See, And This Leans On Me Like A Rootless Tree


I often have good intentions.

Take last Saturday for instance. We went to our usual bar, on the usual night... except we went early to see a few bands.

Your good friend Kris, with the aforementioned good intentions, thought "Alright. We'll go early. Take it easy. Head home before last call. Simple!"

...but y'know what they say about the best laid plans of mice, men, and this chick.

I have failed.



I shoulda known better.


Good intentions don't take these glorious photos of Ken.



And without all the bottles of 50, how could I have messed up this picture so badly and cut Leah out un-intenionally?



And if I had gone home early?

There would be no knowledge of Ken's awesome Smorkin' Labbit hat. I never could've tried it on.

Where's the fun in that?



Look at the beard. Ya think that beard has good intentions?

No sir. It does not.


And look! It seems to be a sausage party full of unhappy men on the patio...


....but when they see a camera, they are suddenly jovial and proud of their nipples. (Seriously. Look at 'em all clamoring to be on camera.)

Interesting.


Ah yes. That guy.

The first winner from Canadian Idol.

I took a posed-candid photo, cuz I told him my mom was a fan.

Turns out, she is not.


I didn't intend for this to be a picture post.

But frankly, we all know what happens with my intentions.

G'day.

12 comments:

RasaMi said...

=)

Kris said...

Well look who it is! The absentee commenter. I'm in town tomorrow night... will you be gone already?

Alyson said...

Beards never have the best intentions, let's be honest.

nick said...

i've never seen my hair from the side like that.... i think i need to change this faux hawk to something.... cool lol




p.s. awesomest night ever!!!

Masuka said...

Are you coming to your favorite bar tomorrow? cuz thats super easy for me to get to and I would appreciate that. :D

Kris said...

Alyson - I think that's what makes em fun!

Nick - It's probably just cuz it's growing. A couple of my girls commented that they like your hair short, if that helps!

Masuka - Hmm... I don't actually know yet. Maybe? I'll ass dial ya. Or text you.

L dot said...

Looks like some fun shinnanigans... you've reminded me I need to cut loose once and a while, or I too will spend way too much time in my head... and that's never a good thing.

TNX

ghost said...

i like the top photo. though i will admit, i'm in no way intimidated.

Kris said...

L - I definitely spend too much time in my own head. It's hard not to.

ghost - I don't wanna intimidate ya! I just like to point, cuz I'm rude. :)

Anonymous said...

Where the hell are you?

Kris said...

Right here. Hi.

Anonymous said...

Well good. Hello.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...