Tuesday, August 10, 2010

When You Hold Me In Your Arms, I'll Sing It Once Again

On Saturday night, I had a few of my friends over. As we sat outside with our beer, cigarettes, strange stories about necrophiliacs and generally amusing & witty banter, I realized that I no longer document my nights. I used to take too many pictures of friends/boyfriends/beers, put them on here and write an unrelated post around them.

But I don't anymore. And we all know how much I love to look back at old posts and remember old times... so why did I stop? Without pictures, my memories of this summer will mostly be negative. Sad. Depressing. Friggin' annoying in a self-loathing manner.

I don't want that.

Thank god for my Blackberry. I take very random, sporadic pictures with it. And so, without further ado, a partial glimpse into the sad collection of phone pics to document my months in Niagara (in order, no less):

That's better, since I've sufficiently bored the crap out of you.

Most of these have stories behind 'em (wouldn't YOU like to know?). And now I can remember grainy, pixelated good and bad times in the Spring/Summer of 2010.

Go team go.



20 comments:

Krista said...

Everyone needs a secret summer! Or a break from the overshare. I know I didn't bring my camera out much when I moved out here and made new friends because I was still testing the waters.

You just have to find that one friend who is all about the camera and listen to their cries.

kay zee said...

Oh, Labatt 50...

My work pals went to BEER FEST this past weekend,. and brought me back a pristine 50 t-shirt.

...C promptly noticed it would fit him and stoled it :(

Kris said...

Krista - Yeah, you never know who wants to be posted and who doesn't. That's probably one reason why I stopped.

kay zeeeeeeeee - Ooh, I want that shirt! It's funny that I only posted two pics of 50s here. I'm actually embarrassed about how many pics of my beers there are actually are on my camera.

Sigh... love affairs. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'd recognize those mansion house patio booths anywhere! lol

ghetto.punk.chic said...

Your blog is my reason for living.
And a semi-documentary of my life.
Coincidence? Mayhap.

Kris said...

Anon - Heh. Yes, well. Old habits die hard. I like my bar, I rarely go anywhere else.

Leah - Pas de coincidence. I write your online life diary. Yer welcome. ;)

Mike D. said...

So tell the stories behind them already.

Kris said...

Nah. I'm lazy.

Andrew said...

Judging from those pictures it looks as if you do in fact like beer + awesome times.

Kris said...

It's true. Ya caught me. I'm a huge fan of beer + awesome times. And my dog too, apparently.

Masuka said...

You have pictures of Monika who is impossible to track down yet none of me... I think this just shows you're a neglectful hanger-outter.

Kris said...

???

I don't have any pics of Monika. I haven't seen her since your party back in January. That's Cait.

YOU'RE neglectful. :(

Friend said...

I always think it's good to take pictures of everything. It's so easy to forget good times, even bad times.

Kris said...

That's why I like candid shots so much.

Alyson said...

I take pictures no matter what; though having an SLR people assume it's for an important project or portfolio but, no, it's just for my stupid blog.

Kris said...

I wish I had a camera like that. I'd always be taking pictures.

Anonymous said...

Less pictures of your friends, more pictures of you.

Kris said...

Don't you tell me what to do, Anony-Mouse. I shall have to beat you.

Keir said...

I really like those all together—I think they work that way better instead of one at a time. It's energetic and emotional and documentary all at once, the way polaroids used to be. Candid and spontaneous and nowhere to hide.

I'm really warming up to quickie smartphone snapshots—the way that limited tech distorts light and motion the way photos always do, but differently. I think yours should become a montage. Or collage. Or whatever it's called.

Kris said...

It could be called a Mont Collage cuz it sounds kinda fancy. Like a collage mountain.

But you're right... I like the camera phone pics for the same reason. Plus I like being able to take a pic and email to it to someone right away. And it gives me the license to take an insane amount of pictures of my dog. Yeah, I became one of THOSE people.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...