Saturday, September 4, 2010

Guess All I've Got To Say About Karma's True, Cuz All I've Got Left Is A Black Balloon


Well, it's Saturday. First Saturday of September, in fact (yeah, yeah I can hear the collective groans from the summer-lovers). The wind outside is one cool sonofabitch, and y'know what it's tellin' me? It's sayin' "Hey... Kris... don't bother blogging about a dumb in-depth subject, just throw some random updates out there and go have a beer on the porch swing."

With that kinda logic, who am I to disagree? And so... today's random updates:

- Last night I had a dream that Alexander Skarsgard (Eric Northman on True Blood) was my hot new boyfriend. I don't usually go for blonde guys, but I think it's his general "badassedness" that I dig. Sad to wake up and realize my leather-clad, 1,000 year-old boyfriend wasn't real. He was really sweet, oddly enough. Well, y'know... in the dream. (Yes, I'm suddenly 13.)


- The job hunt continues... I've made some wonderful contacts, especially for future opportunities, but I haven't yet found the great gig that will bring me back to Toronto to begin the new life I've been anxiously waiting to kickstart. I haven't lost hope - it's coming. Stay tuned.

- I'm starting a new review website with my buddy, Smack. We're looking for real reviews on pretty much everything and anything. If you wanna write a review about something, or want us to review it for you, email me: shambledramblings@gmail.com.

- I've recently finished a book called What Happy People Know by Dan Baker, at the request of my counsellor. Between that, and counselling itself, a lot of things have been put into better perspective for me ( read this post from my other blog to see what I mean). The depression and anxiety attacks are still there, probably always will be, but my focus has changed. Things are getting better, if only because of how I view everything. This chick is stronger than she used to be. Bout time.

And on that happy(?) note, I wish you all a fun-tastic Labour Day weekend 'n junk.

17 comments:

Mike D. said...

You two would make a really pretty couple, but you should probably stay away from vampires.

Friend said...

So very happy to hear that things feel better for you lately. I'm glad that seeing someone could help. You're going to do amazing things with the right focus, and I'm cheering for you from here!

Kris said...

Mike - I stay away from the wussy vampires who sparkle in the sun.

Friend - Well, thank you sir! Or...lady... I don't actually know.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Yeah, I've been dreaming about lots of girls lately, and then I have to think if I've really talked to them or was it a dream. They're all very nice too, like your vampire boy.

Let's hope I meets some real ones at the bars tonight.

Kris said...

Yeah, my dream was crazy realistic too. If I think about it, I still feel like I'm the comfortable-yet-stupid-happy-butterfly stage of a relationship like I was in the dream. It's creepy.

Good luck meeting those chicks tonight. Pretty sure I won't be meeting any Eric Northmans at my local bar ;)

Eric Northman said...

You're hot enough to bite. What else happened in the dream?

Kris said...

You were there. You should know. p.s. - you're a really good boyfriend, for a bloodsucking sexpot. Call me.

BShurette said...

I can't even tell you how much I love these posts. Oh well. Have a wonderful day.

Kris said...

:)
You're awesome, Brian. Hope your night was fun. (What's the time difference, anyway??)

Anonymous said...

Looking DAMN good, K. Sounding great too.

Kris said...

Well thank you, anony-friend. You are looking and sounding quite anonymous yourself! :)

Anonymous said...

Haha I stay anonymous just to bug you. It's fun for me. :p

Kris said...

Fun for the whole family!

Friend said...

It would be sir. I thought you knew that!

Kris said...

It's hard to keep track of the semi-anonymous people who know me in real life, cuz I don't know who you are! :) So Friend = Male. Gotcha.

Alyson said...

I had a dream with Alexander Skarsgard in it the other day too... weird!

Kris said...

He cheated on me? That bastard. Did he go with you to people's parties and tell you that you were pretty, too? ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...