Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Great Words Won't Cover Ugly Actions; Good Frames Won't Save Bad Paintings

You know the saying. Everyone's heard it.

"Imitation is highest form of flattery"

Well, ain't that grand. There may be some truth to it, sure. But how about this instead:

"Imitation is the highest form of flattery, except when it's unbelievably annoying and sometimes friggin' creepy."

There ya go. I made it better. Ta-dah!

Apparently there is no such thing as true individuality or new creativity. Everything has been done before by someone else, somewhere else. That being said, there is still no need to try to emulate or even become a specific person, especially if that person is not a celebrity in any manner.

I know, I know. You're thinking "Uh... Kris? Why the crap would anyone want to be like you?"

Trust me, I have no idea.  Half the time I don't even want to be me.

And yet, there are still a key few who try their damndest to do their best Kris impersonations. I have no doubt that they are reading this, so perhaps they will get the hint and quit jacking everything I type on stupid websites, copying things I say and do, and generally being a pain in my ass.

If not, well... I'll have to beat 'em. My karate is stronger than their karate.
 
On that note, this song somehow reminds me of the subject. So enjoy.

But not the same way I would enjoy, dammit!





21 comments:

Anonymous said...

new noise. great song? greatest song?

Kris said...

Great song. For "greatest song". I'd probably have a list of about 3,000 songs. It might be one, I'll never tell.

Identity Thief.. not asian. said...

I steal your identity and use it for my own twisted ways. mwohahaha

Kris said...

Oh, Masuka. I can only imagine.

PatZ said...

that's why I went all ninja, cause when someone tries to steal my karate i can be all "Ninja'd bitch!"

also, internet pains in the ass are cured with careful application of internet preparation H.

yes, totally nonsensical. it was one of those days.

phx said...

How do you find them out?

screetus said...

What about people who don't necessarily want to imitate you but want to wear your outfits?

Kris said...

Pat - I enjoy your nonsensical days. when are you Toronto-ing?

phx - They make it too easy. Plus I have spies everywhere. ;)

screetus - My outfits suck. But those people are allowed to copy 'em all they want!

Mike D. said...

If I were a girl, I'd want to be like you. Shit I'm a guy and still probably would. Is that bad?

Chomps said...

That's so COOL! This one time I used to read this one girl's blog on deadjournal, when really her ACTUAL blog was on livejournal and somebody was regularly copying and pasting her entries.

I'd be excited. It's like when Dane Cook steals Louis CK's jokes.

RealSuperKeith said...

Yup - happens to the best of us so take consolation in that if you can - this occured after returning from Japan -> http://snipurl.com/1biam8

The 'stache is all wrong and still haven't seen a goddam red cent - biatches...which is what I also say to those tormenting you...

Lara said...

Whenever you encounter this online you should comment "Simpsons Did It" This is my request.

Kris said...

Mike - Depends which parts of me you wish to be like. Some are quite manly, as we all know.

Chomps - Does that make me Louis CK? I think I'm starting to look like him...

Keith - Yeah, he's always jackin' yer style. And these ppl aren't tormenting me so much as they annoy me. Like gnats.

Lara - Simpsons did it. You got it!

Anonymous said...

Want me to beat them up?

Gage said...

that's only happened to me once that I know of. And it turns out I knew them. That still didn't make it OK though... and actually, kind of made it MORE annoying.

Kris said...

Anon - Sure. Maybe your karate is stronger than mine.

Gage - Definitely annoying. Did you make 'em stop?

Gage said...

Well, it was on my original and very first "blog" (god they weren't even called blogs then) back in 1997 or 1998. I got so pissed I took it down rather than deal with them, I guess I was mature like that.

In retrospect though, they probably did me a favour.

Kris said...

Yeah, there's no real way to "deal with them" anyway. In most cases.

I love those old non-blogs. I had some too, and still go back and read them just so I can laugh. ;)

k said...

I can grasp the motivation behind a student's plagiarism, even the sad appropriation of another's likeness as their own due to an unfortunate lack of self esteem, but taking snippets of someone else's life to describe your days? I know whomever resorts to this probably deserves compassion, but all i've got is bemusement tinged with pity. Well, maybe a little compassion, but that's f*cking sad.

Krista said...

that's how you know you've made it big but the people know there can be one Kris and on eKris alone!

Kris said...

k - Yep. It's a very, very strange thing, adopting someone else's ways (whatever info is available, of course)and trying to pretend they are your own. You're right - sad.

Krista - Yay, thanks girly! Truthfully, the world can't handle more than one of me. That's too much crazy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...