Monday, October 25, 2010

It's A Sad, Sad World When A Girl Will Break A Boy Just Because She Can

Your ol' pal Kris has been a bit MIA lately. And maybe a bit vague. Just a bit.

I apologize to those who care. But I have my reasons. I'm currently in Toronto, staying in a short-term rental and today was my first day at a job trial.

So y'know. I've been busy.


I don't like packing, and had never packed two weeks worth of stuff before. Two weeks is an odd amount of time.

It's been a weird couple of days. Daisy is staying in St. Catharines with my parents, so I have to be without my girl for at least 2 weeks. Never happened before, and I'm already missing her horribly. I keep expecting her to meet me at the door when I come home, and curl into my lap when I'm in bed.

I'm such a suck.



It's been a weird type of lonely. It's part of what I want and yet I feel like something is missing. 

Everything is new territory, there's nothing familiar right now. This won't be the same Toronto life it was before, and while it's strange and lonely right now, I'm going to make sure it's better than it ever was.

New life, new memories. But the old friends and people I love will still hugely be a part of this new thang.

No one gets rid of me that easily. Ha!


Was without a TV for one night. The quiet was damn freaky.

So I watched Hot Tub Time Machine on my computer yet again.

Today - there is a TV. My sanity is saved. Slightly.

Well, I'm off to try to punch this migraine into submission and hope for actual sleep tonight. Stay tuned for lonely whining, vague updates and maybe a shenanigan or two.

Maybe.

21 comments:

Aaro-Dynamic said...

No shenanigans allowed.

blepharisma said...

Hey, don't forget - I have lots of fun things you can watch. Lemme know what you need.

Kris said...

Aaaaro- Don't worry. :)

bleph - That's true, you DO. Although I do have the tv now, so it's a lot better. But still, I wanted to go through your collection anyway!

TC said...

well, good luck and all that sort of thing, hopefully all works out the way you want!

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back!
Best of Luck! Hopefully I randomly walk by you on the streets of T.O. Anonymously of course.

Kris said...

TC - Thanks! I didn't know who you were because of your new name!

Anon - Haha, it's funny because I've already been "blog spotted" a couple times since Sunday. I'm starting to get paranoid and awkward while walking down the street. ;)

harald benz said...

Hey, good luck with the job trial!!!!
Let me know if you'd like to get together for a beer.

Anonymous said...

There's a great idea for a future blogpost. Blogspotting.
I can only imagine what it's like walking down the street and second guessing everyone that looks at you.
"Why yes, it is me the great Shambled Rambler.....thanks for noticing!" (it must go something like that right?)

screetus said...

Good for you! That's how I got re-started in town -- small gigs led to bigger gigs. I hope it's the beginning of many great Toronto-centric things for you!

Kris said...

Harald - Definitely! You know I likes me some beer. :)

Anon - Not quite, no. People say "I read your blog!" or "You look familiar...." and then figure out that they read my blog. Sadly, there's nuthin' "great" about this Shambled Rambler.

Screetus - I hope so too! And congrats to YOU, takin' over this city!

Mike D. said...

You're gone again and I never saw you?

Kris said...

Your fault.

k said...

Great to hear. Good luck in your new endeavor etc etc. I found out myself within the last few weeks that after all I will not be going back overseas..which has made my family quite happy. New things are a-coming. Now as soon as I can kick the automatic reflex action of rolling out of bed in mid-sleep every time a helicopter goes overhead in the middle of the night, it'll all be good.
Ps. I think you have a few (k's) that comment now that you've attained a larger readership, i'm going to amend mine to MK in the future.

Anonymous said...

FALSE.
FACT.
A)You have a great blog.
2)You are great-ly admired.
iii) You are great looking.
Good Luck out there!

Andrew said...

Shenanigans, Hot Tub Time Machine, Toronto, Job - I mean is there really anything left?

Anyways, hope all goes well.

ghost said...

i care.

Masuka said...

If you're feeling lonely and need something familiar, you know I live like 5 min from you... (just on the other side of the bridge) .. Come over for dinner

Kris said...

Thanks everybody. Things are a bit weird right now, but your comments are awesome.

Coop said...

Great white Buffalo......

Congratulations on your employee audition.

Kris said...

Thank ya, sir!

Anonymous said...

Intercombase - excellent translation Documentation any subject more than 140 languages. Agricultural Translation, Energy Translation, Pharmaceutical Translation, Scientific Translation - Summit affordable.

Indonesian Translation: [url=http://www.intercombase.com]Website[/url]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...