Friday, October 1, 2010

You Told Me Again, You Preferred Handsome Men. But For Me, You Would Make An Exception.

Tomorrow night I'll be wandering the Toronto streets for Nuit Blanche. If you don't know what it is, go read my Nuit Blanche post from last year.

It's about art, yes. But in simple Kris terms it's "a night to roam the streets looking at cool stuff 'n junk." So there ya go.


Now, if you're going to be out and about for the night, please be on the lookout for a few possible avant garde Shambled Ramblings art installations that may be around for your west-end viewing pleasure.

For instance?

"Kris Kross-ing the Streets"

As I walk around the Parkdale/Liberty Village roads, Masuka will trail behind me, screaming "Warm it up, Kris!" to which I will immediately reply, "I'm about to!". Feel free to join in.


"Jewel Did It, Why Can't We?"

Behold! Two adult women, covered in swaddling clothes... or a crapload of blankets or something... in the back of a small black vehicle. Watch as they attempt to sleep in the cramped quarters that, while usually mobile, are now parked safely. Do not disturb them, as they are liable to eat you.


"Breakdance Fights"

Sometimes, when there's enough space, I like to pretend that I know how to breakdance. This sometimes leads to "the Robot" or popular 80's and 90's dance moves that no one should dare attempt in public. But I do, and so I probably will. Please be a part of it with me; you can sign up in the comments section and we'll figure out some matching outfits. If you suggest pink, you're out. It's not art if you include pink. That's just a rule, man.

See ya on the streets! (Much like hookers, who can now legally sell their wares. Enjoy!)




20 comments:

Nuit Raunch said...

Might I suggest a Snuggie for you two birds?

Kris said...

You just might.

Mike D. said...

Funny funny. Is that the kind of stuff other people do for this?

Anonymous said...

Your posts make me feel like you're too smart. I need each of them to have more pictures of you to distract me from your smart words.

Kris said...

D - Not quite, but there's all sorts of fun stuff. Check out the site.

Anon - Oh... Thanks? I don't even know what to say to that. Haha.

Masuka said...

I've been warming up my voice. You forgot to mention I'll also have a bottle of Grey Goose in one hand and a glass of ice in the other as I'm trailing behind you...

Kris said...

I did not know that, and therefore couldn't mention it. I was hoping you'd be carrying a trombone. Maybe some bongos?

SmartGuy said...

I just might see you out there. If I do, I'll be expecting to see the Robot.

Kris said...

And I assume you'll be the dude doing handstands and backflips.

RealSuperKeith said...

ummm..yeah..and I expect to see some Carlton Dancing, some FlashDancing, some Vinnie Barbarinoing, and if you're gonna breakdance ya gotta do it with some "Breakin' to Style" flava (gotta slightly embarrassing story about that one for ya)

Kris said...

Hell, I'll even do a Footloose montage. I'm interested to see what kinda Keith Hernandez dance routines you may know.

RealSuperKeith said...

It rhymes with Bean Rulf

...now where's my white suit and fur...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-YdLaLbU9c

Kris said...

You win.

RealSuperKeith said...

hah! glad u approve...now excuse me while I go in for my massage. Gotta loosen up ya know, esp when I expect to go all night...ah, set the oils down over there, honey....ya so as I was saying, catch ya later?

screetus said...

I'll be out wandering!
But who knows where I'll end up.

Kris said...

Keith - Indeed. Keep a sista in the loop.

screetus - Hope I run into ya!

RealSuperKeith said...

Lastly, here's a little sumthin' to get ya started Dancer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TUlPqjqK_w&feature=youtube_gdata_player

btw, the look on that album cover is what I'm out hunting for now re: glam/rocker threads...hah

Anonymous said...

Waiting.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

I heard the local roller rink in my old hood was a hotbed for breakdance battles. I never got in on that shit.

Kris said...

Anon - Don't worry, Santa'll be here in a couple months.

Dr. - I've never seen a real one. They'd punch me for my brand of awful joke dancing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...