Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sometimes I Can't Believe It, I'm Moving Past The Feelin'

Second week of my two-week stint in Toronto.

Am I back for good? Am I not?

Nothing is for sure just yet.  The feeling is not unlike being blindfolded and spun around.

Dizzying, kinda exciting, yet slight nauseating. 

Needless to say, I've been preparing for either outcome. Apartment hunting like crazy and coming up without many options. People often suggest I look for a roommate, and I've tried. No one's situation really welcomes mine. They don't want Daisy. They don't allow meat in the house. They don't like semi-cool chicks name Kris who randomly yell phrases in Spanish ("Verde estas buenos!!!").

But I'm ok with that. I'd much prefer to be alone.


Forget my online self. Forget my blog that gives you a wonky li'l glimpse of my life, forget every social media outlet and the bullshit I may spew on it. In true reality, I'm a pretty private person. I like my own space, my own things, my own life. 

I like being alone.

I want to be alone.

(Except, of course, when I'm in love. Time spent with a significant other falls into my personal existence. Why do you think I'm so damn picky these days? )

So my posts have lacked much substance because I'm too busy planning my life. Actually, my life has been planning me. Controlling sonofabitch that it is. 

Here's hopin' I become better at decision-making and something solidifies shortly so I can go back to being awesome with some semblance of routine and kick-assery.

16 comments:

screetus said...

See, I would take this two week stint as evidence that there's enough opportunity in Toronto for you and just take the plunge, find your own place. Definitely your own place.
Then you won't have to worry about it any more and you can concentrate on finding more opportunity.
I would also celebrate with a giant parade and free beer for your ol' pal Screetus.

Masuka said...

Try for your own place but don't rule anything out. I found a badass room mate when i lived alone... In the Toronto star classifieds of all places (do those still exist?!)

But Toronto needs you. Let's meet up.

harald benz said...

Too bad you are not my neighbour. Daisy and Molly could play all day, every day....

TC said...

getting your life together is a pretty good way to be spending time though!

Kris said...

screetus - I love parades, and will always get ya free beer when applicable! Yay!

Masuka - When did you live with a roommate? Yes, let's meet up. Where the crap have you been?

Harald - Aw, that would be so good. They can still meet and play, though!

TC - I think so. An important way, too. Hopefully I do it right.

Mike D. said...

You'll never be alone for long. Once you move back, some great dude will sweep you off your feet. Bet on it.

Kris said...

I would love a great dude to do that. It'd be lovely.

Anonymous said...

Very cute pic. I want to be your sweater!

Kris said...

Then you'd better be warm and somewhat attractive! ;)

Friend said...

I'm still here. Just want to say hi. So hi.

Kris said...

Oh hello!

Anonymous said...

I saw an apartment for rent in Parkdale a couple days ago and thought of you. They said no pets were allowed at all though. I can see why you're having trouble.

Anonymous said...

I saw an apartment for rent in Parkdale a couple days ago and thought of you. They said no pets were allowed at all though. I can see why you're having trouble.

Anonymous said...

I saw an apartment for rent in Parkdale a couple days ago and thought of you. They said no pets were allowed at all though. I can see why you're having trouble.

Mike D. said...

I think Anon saw an apartment for rent in Parkdale.

Kris said...

Ha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...